Western Electric Audio Museum

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US

I had been to Korea for 7 weeks to attend the wedding of my daughter.

I talked on the phone with Mr Chung whether Silbatone 300B SET is up to driving Altec A7 speaker which was available in West Vancouver, BC Canada across the border.

After getting positive opinion from Mr Chung, I bought Altec A7 which I plan to pick up after US Canada border get open.

Mr Chung will build Audio Museum for Western Electric vintage system with budget of 200 M USD which will be finished sometime 2023.

It will be located at south end of Seoul.

Althought the above linked You tube video is not in English, you can just follow the photos to get some idea.

Thomas

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

I had been to Korea for 7 weeks to attend the wedding of my daughter.

I talked on the phone with Mr Chung whether Silbatone 300B SET is up to driving Altec A7 speaker which was available in West Vancouver, BC Canada across the border.

After getting positive opinion from Mr Chung, I bought Altec A7 which I plan to pick up after US Canada border get open.

Mr Chung will build Audio Museum for Western Electric vintage system with budget of 200 M USD which will be finished sometime 2023.

It will be located at south end of Seoul.

Althought the above linked You tube video is not in English, you can just follow the photos to get some idea.

Thomas

Chung and Joe Roberts both recommended the Altec for those who could not afford WE, John Roberts owned one himself for many years, and at the last Munich JC Morrison had made the big bass panel that accompanied their WE with 8 Altec woofers. After hearing Misho's Altec 817, during my Altec research I read a lot of comments by John Roberts on the forums especially in favor of their woofers and therefore bought two pairs. The 817 is the bigger brother of the A7 and the A5 with dual woofers instead of 1, so the reflex bass in A7 comes in much higher, but needs a bigger room

Last edited:
Reactions: thomask

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing