What are members recommendations on current turntables in the $15K to $22K price range?

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Congrats! We are enjoying our J Sikora Standard Max Line. Like you stated, highly recommended.
Thanks Joe
Yes I can well believe you.
I haven''t heard the Max yet, but I am sure it is very impressive too.
Do you by any chance know if Sikora are planning to be at Munich this year if the Highend show goes ahead?

Reactions: Audire

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Thanks Joe
Do you by any chance know if Sikora are planning to be at Munich this year if the Highend show goes ahead?

I haven’t heard. But I would expect they would be. Notable Audio should know - Notable Audio

MJG

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2018
Liechtenstein
Thanks Joe
Yes, they will be there.

Attachments

• EBB732F3-5DA5-42FD-A40B-92372D96E9CC.jpeg
    EBB732F3-5DA5-42FD-A40B-92372D96E9CC.jpeg
    986.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 8746813E-AABD-46B5-A8B1-94AB83F005C0.jpeg
    8746813E-AABD-46B5-A8B1-94AB83F005C0.jpeg
    471.5 KB · Views: 12

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Yes, they will be there.
There’s nothing vinyl. Listening to one record on a J Sikora could be better than the rest of the show. ;)

322DD91D-3F7C-4E2B-A07C-280BFE657B24.jpeg

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Stephan, what is the mat you are using on your Raven AC-1? I have the same turntable and am curious about which mat you think works best compared to the stock mat. Regards, Al
Black forest audio DÄD!MAT really amazing inexpensive mat,more resolution,precision and naturalness in sound. Best buy for me(98€)

Reactions: rpk

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Hi Lee,

I might have missed it. Did you arrive at turntable choice? Or is what I see in your signature your new analog front-end?

"VPI Scoutmaster with 3D tonearm, Analog Drive System, HRX pulley, Iso-Acoustics Gaia feet, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref Phono 3SE"

Reactions: KeithR

JRW1971

Dec 21, 2021
Just getting ideas at this point. Will be pairing with Ref Phono 3SE and Lyra Etna Lambda cartridge.

Thanks in advance...
I recently (as in, 20 hours ago in cartridge time) swapped out my old 'table, with a REF 3SE and Etna Lambda. The new guy is the J Sikora Standard Max with the JS tonearm. I'm seriously loving it. I always thought the Etna Lambda paired really well with the 3SE, but the JS 'table adds several degrees of solidity and grip. It's a killer machine; I think worth 3x MSRP.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Hi Lee,

I might have missed it. Did you arrive at turntable choice? Or is what I see in your signature your new analog front-end?

"VPI Scoutmaster with 3D tonearm, Analog Drive System, HRX pulley, Iso-Acoustics Gaia feet, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref Phono 3SE"
Yes, I will probably have a TechDAS AF3PS coming later in the year.

Reactions: tima

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I recently (as in, 20 hours ago in cartridge time) swapped out my old 'table, with a REF 3SE and Etna Lambda. The new guy is the J Sikora Standard Max with the JS tonearm. I'm seriously loving it. I always thought the Etna Lambda paired really well with the 3SE, but the JS 'table adds several degrees of solidity and grip. It's a killer machine; I think worth 3x MSRP.
The J Sikora was recommended strongly to me by two of our writers. It’s a great table.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
The J Sikora was recommended strongly to me by two of our writers. It’s a great table.

I own a J Sikora. The J Sikora Ref was just rated A+ by Stereophile and so was their KV-12 Tone Arm. Awesome! You have to hear it!

3A63D584-AE6F-4C6B-B45E-7112E465FE83.jpeg

JRW1971

Dec 21, 2021
I’m guessing their names were Jacob and Michael. (Fun fact: I bought the Lyra Lambda Atlas SL that Jacob used when he reviewed the J Sikora Standard Max).

Reactions: Lee, MJG and Audire

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I’m guessing their names were Jacob and Michael. (Fun fact: I bought the Lyra Lambda Atlas SL that Jacob used when he reviewed the J Sikora Standard Max).
Very cool.

Reactions: MJG

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
The rega planer 10 is a super turntable and up there with the best in my opinion and a bargain.
Rega 10 being a 'super' turntable wasn't my experience having owned one (and the RP10 before it for approx. 12months) for just over 12 months. It has too many design flaws to be a 'super' table !
Just my 2 pennies worth !

• Wow
Reactions: Scott Naylor

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
it aint flipping quantum physics — see if the boy is worth his salt. Ask him how he would do it.
It is 'quantum physics' and quantum mechanics too....why.....because every single thing on our little planet is happening in the quantum realm / world. As Scientists are now finding out (due to sophisticated equipment that can measure and see these phenomenal happenings at their disposal).

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Barry, I too am impressed with the J Sikora and know Joe absolutely loves his Reference. More broadly, I am impressed with the amount of truly high-end audio coming out of Poland at an excellent price-to-performance ratio.

For a decidedly German approach please allow me to invite you to come by room 1509 at Axpona. We will be debuting the German made Ars Machinae M1, which in basic trim can fit into your budget including a brilliant 12" tonearm from the same designer. Right now we are breaking our M1 in with a MySonic Platinum Reference and having a blast. I hope to see you in Chicago!

Cheers,

Gary

image-hifi-2_ars_machinae.jpg

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Barry, I too am impressed with the J Sikora and know Joe absolutely loves his Reference. More broadly, I am impressed with the amount of truly high-end audio coming out of Poland at an excellent price-to-performance ratio.

For a decidedly German approach please allow me to invite you to come by room 1509 at Axpona. We will be debuting the German made Ars Machinae M1, which in basic trim can fit into your budget including a brilliant 12" tonearm from the same designer. Right now we are breaking our M1 in with a MySonic Platinum Reference and having a blast. I hope to see you in Chicago!

Cheers,

Gary

View attachment 105628
Hi Gary,
That is kind of you.
I am in the UK so a bit of a trek to Axpona so trust you will understand why I won't be able to take up your kind invitation
Best
Barry

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing