What are your favorite Comedy TV series?

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
For series that lasted more than a couple of years;

Welcome Back Kotter
Laugh-In
Threes Company
Hogan's Heros

A short lived one that I really love; Flying Blind - helped than Tea Leoni, who is very underrated, was the star!

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
Having Raised three daughters...

One of my favourites. My gf didn't like it until she watched it with me and then she understood.

:p

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I've heard about Big Bang Theory for years but just saw an episode last year while on vacation in a hotel room. Came home and started Season 1 a few months ago watching with the family almost nightly, and now we are in Season 9. One more season to go. All characters have their own funny ways. My wife kept saying the creators are geniuses. I love this series almost like my favorite 3s Company.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Fawlty Towers
Wife to Husband: Are we having fun?
Husband: Yes dear. Just not at the same time.
PBS

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Yes Minister/Prime Minister
Allo Allo
Different strokes
Jeffersons
Golden Girls
Modern family
Love thy neighbour
All in the family
Everybody loves Raymond
Everybody hates Chris
Keeping up appearnaces
In living colour
Benny Hill Show
Married with Children

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Wow yes minister is my favorite too, though did not like prime minister.

More recently silicon valley

eljr

Aug 12, 2015

Recordsguy

Sep 6, 2015
Well, let's see... Sanford And Son... The Dick Van Dyke Show... Bernie Mac... Living Single... I Love Lucy... Martin... That Girl... Mary Tyler Moore... Everybody Hates Chris... The Golden Girls... The Jeffersons... My Three Sons... Maude.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Recordsguy, you're my kind of fellow. No Fleabag modern arch rubbish for you or me.
Phil Silvers for Golden Age, Mary Tyler Moore and Rhoda for Silver, M*A*S*H, Barney Miller and Soap for Bronze.
Then the triumvirate of Taxi, Cheers, Frasier and Seinfeld as the last great comedy era.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
A few months ago, I discovered the CBS sitcom MOM. Our family watched it every night till we finished all the seasons. Funny series specially when the ex con Tammy came in late in the show. Now awaiting the new season but unfortunately one of the moms won't be returning.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
My favorite of all time is SCTV (Second City TV). You just never knew what would happen next, and the cast was historic: Eugene Levy, John Candy, Catherine O'Hara, Dave Thomas, Harold Ramis, Rick Moranis, Dave Thomas, Martin Short, and on and on.

Recent stuff: Catastrophe, Lodge 49 (unique/special), Ted Lasso

Reactions: jadis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing