What are your favorite Holiday Music recordings (all genres)?

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Would love to hear recommendations of your favorite Christmas holiday recordings... of course Vince Guaraldi Trio is in my playlist, but what classical recordings stand out? The Nutcracker is a classic, but what recording/performance really brings it to life? And who has awesome choral recommendations?

The genre is replete with covers of Christmas songs — from Rod Stewart, Jewel, Michael Buble — who’s in your playlist if you’re hosting a big holiday party and don’t want the usual drec you hear repeatedly on the radio?

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
There use to be a version of the Nutcracker by the Tabilisi orchestra on Qobuz. Its gone. Can't find it. Maybe on Tidal but I don't have that.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Eddie Higgins Trio Christmas was also on Qobuz. Now gone.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Try Pink Martini White Christmas

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
While I have many favorites, this song stirs my emotional soul like few others ..........

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Would love to hear recommendations of your favorite Christmas holiday recordings... of course Vince Guaraldi Trio is in my playlist, but what classical recordings stand out? The Nutcracker is a classic, but what recording/performance really brings it to life? And who has awesome choral recommendations?

The first that come to mind are as follows. There is a lot of seasonal specific Classical and Choral!

SPCO/Bobby McFerrin - Paper Music
Olivier Latry - Trois siècles d'orgue à Notre Dame de Paris
Any one of multiple proficiently recorded handbell releases
A St Olaf Christmas in Norway
Stölzel - Christmas Oratio
"Winter Dreams" - Seattle Symphony/Gerard Schwarz

The genre is replete with covers of Christmas songs — from Rod Stewart, Jewel, Michael Buble — who’s in your playlist if you’re hosting a big holiday party and don’t want the usual drec you hear repeatedly on the radio?

Others with more mature tastes in line with this site and your likely appreciation will no doubt fill that coffer. Since you mentioned Vince Guaraldi Trio above I'll make one addition.

Reactions: Bobvin

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing