What Cables Are You Using With Atma-Sphere Gear & Why?

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
Metropolitan Detroit area, MI
Between the MP-1 and MA-1 Silver Editions we run 25 feet of Mogami W2534 Neglex Quad microphone cable with the standard XLRs, bought at Guitar Center if I recall correctly. Sounds great

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
I hope you're using good speaker cables. I can't tell what you have from your system listing.
Are your amps set up for 600 ohms balanced loading, which the MP-1 can drive? It is normally not an option on the MA-1s.

ACHiPo

Feb 22, 2015
Pleasanton, CA
I am using Darwin Truth balanced ICs in my new set up. I started with Monoprice. They sucked. Then moved to Mogami Gold—much better. The Darwins, however, are magic in my system. In previous configurations I used Jena Labs cables for a long time. And they were good, but too short for my current set up, and the silver Darwin’s sound better (more live with no glare/grit/grain) to my ears.

Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables replaced Zero autoformers. A much better cable for the MA1s, but the Zeros were great with my M60s.

Last edited:

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
I run a 15 Meter XLR Mogami Cable from MP-1 to the Atma-Sphere Nirvana Amplifiers. No issues. I have tried to put the Pre-amp right near the amp using Audiophile grade stuff, Silver and Pure Copper. Most of the stuff i have in my stock is Purist Audio Design.

I reverted back to my 15 Meter XLR Cable as i could not tell the diffrence.

Reactions: DetroitVinylRob

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
I run a 15 Meter XLR Mogami Cable from MP-1 to the Atma-Sphere Nirvana Amplifiers. No issues. I have tried to put the Pre-amp right near the amp using Audiophile grade stuff, Silver and Pure Copper. Most of the stuff i have in my stock is Purist Audio Design.

I reverted back to my 15 Meter XLR Cable as i could not tell the diffrence.
My findings precisely. Ralph speaks with absolutely no hyperbole here.

From the Atma-Sphere website:

’The MP-1 is fully differential and balanced because the Balanced Line system eliminates interconnect cable coloration, which is why the recording and broadcast industry has used it for the last 55 years. This is why high fidelity recordings existed before exotic (high end audio) cables did! The balanced line system is better as it resists interference and noise, as well as cable artifacts (sound changes with different cables) and cable length. This eliminates the need for an exotic cable (and its cost) to achieve state of the art performance.’

Nicely done.

25 feet of Mogami works flawlessly for us.

OGH

Oct 9, 2020
I use JPS Superconductor 3 - a short balanced from the preamp to the MA1s, and short speaker cable. Slightly better than Superconductor 2/1 from what I recall, and others I tried. But with 25 feet it would probably be Mogami. I upgraded JPS because I like their sound.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
The Best sound I've experienced with the Atmasphere Units and especially with the super revealing Stacked Quad EL-57's was in my good friend David Magnan's system--the answer from me--

Magnan Cables--certainly audition them Highly recommended.
Good listening
BruceD
Magnan Cables.jpg

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
Get the non-quad Mogami and thank me later: Mogami w2549. Someone mentioned w3173 above, and this is (almost) a stereo version of w2549 but just slightly smaller gauge.
Trying Mogami W2549. I’ll thank you later :)

Avidlistener

Feb 18, 2013

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
Purist Audio and Fidelium Speaker Cables

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing