What do you think of this video

What do you think of this video. And this is not directed to those who think every mobile phone video is trash, thanks. Please listen to the end for the brass and the woodwinds

When you compare to BD or TAD driving with the right amps this is the perception you will get. But considering this was just a music from Tidal streaming I would be happy with the sound.
I went back and listened to more Anima videos and the signature seems to hold through the different systems. I need to find a Pnoe system in the states to listen. From these videos it seems up my alley.

Last edited:
I went back to and listened to more Anima videos and the signature seems to hold through the different systems. I need to find a Pnoe system in the states to listen. From these videos it seems up my alley.

Yes it does hold. That's quite insightful based on video. I must say I don't like the other Anima systems videos on YouTube it sounds much better than those. I liked this one I posted as it was representative of what I heard in room. Pnoe sound will be more variable. And the cost with AER bd4 or 5 will be much higher. Also you will need to get it just right to make it sound extremely good, else it can sound bad.

These are all different ways of enjoying and preferences, all are good.

Just fyi, the owner has 3 TTs and a wall full of LPs he doesn't use. He uses the Townsend rock with Decca London and thoress phono in his second system which is quite compromised on compare. It is the smaller speaker from the Tune audio, the Marvel. He has a couple of TTs in storage

We did play the Bruckner 7 LP there, and it disappointed. No breath. I would like to try it in another system

That’s too bad. Can’t you get him straightened out?

Reactions: manisandher
What do you think of this video. And this is not directed to those who think every mobile phone video is trash, thanks. Please listen to the end for the brass and the woodwinds

Not sure what you want us to comment on but yes one can hear the character of a system in some of these videos. In this case the bass; low, mid and upper bass is weak and the horns are nasal, you hear it as soon as the woodwinds come in. I wont comment on having to see your crotch, please point the camera at the system next time :p!

david

Reactions: christoph
I put up the video because it represents very well how that music and system sounded, how much I enjoyed it. Because it is digital and DRC some people will be biased against it by the knowledge itself. If people listen to the video for analog they won't hear it, but really especially the brass and woodwinds are incredible, as is the whole flow.

Last edited:
You can try it on the classic records or analog production reissue. It is a very good reissue, the 45 rpm classic records if you manage to get one is excellent.

Yes, the Reiner, I know it well with several issuances.
Is that what we heard in your video?

A superb recording, one of the top Living Stereos.

As I have no digital or computer in my audio room I only get to hear these videos on my weeny desktop speakers.

A superb recording, one of the top Living Stereos.

As I have no digital or computer in my audio room I only get to hear these videos on my weeny desktop speakers.

They are best heard on headphones, or streamed to small speakers, like soundbar types, TV speakers. You get certain patterns. They are not to be taken as an audition, but as notes accompanying what the poster writes. So instead of simply writing Anima does brass very well, this video does show how well it does compared to other videos.

Reactions: gian60 and tima
They are best heard on headphones, or streamed to small speakers, like soundbar types, TV speakers. You get certain patterns. They are not to be taken as an audition, but as notes accompanying what the poster writes. So instead of simply writing Anima does brass very well, this video does show how well it does compared to other videos.

I enjoy listening to them while I read the forum, but I spend enough time comparing components to compare youTube audios. I'll go back and listen for the brass.

Have you tried attaching an audio file - one of the more common digital formats for which people may have a player? I don't know which ones are better.

I enjoy listening to them while I read the forum, but I spend enough time comparing components to compare youTube audios. I'll go back and listen for the brass.

Have you tried attaching an audio file - one of the more common digital formats for which people may have a player? I don't know which ones are better.

For some reason people confuse comparing videos to substituting comparing components. They are to be used like accompanying notes. If you wanted to read up on a component you are curious about, you would read up people's descriptions in written words in posts. These can be made more sense of with accompanying videos.

Mobile videos are consistent across systems, as everyone has iPhone or Android, and easy to do any upload

Scheherezade is also one of my favourite pieces of classical music , I have Reiner Living Stereo sacd ripped to dsd .
Personally I like more two modern recordings - one from Fone in native dsd and another one - the recent recording of Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra under young prodigy Russian conductor Vasily Pietrenko , also available on nativedsd.com ( originally recorded in DXD which seems to be the the best format for classical music )

https://www.nativedsd.com/albums/SACD193-korsakov-sheherazade-noseda

https://www.prestomusic.com/classic...-petrenko-and-the-oslo-philharmonic-orchestra

https://www.nativedsd.com/albums/LW...er-festival-overture-op-36-scheherazade-op-35

Last edited:
Reactions: bonzo75
For some reason people confuse comparing videos to substituting comparing components.

Comparing components is work (at least for me). I don't want to work whle reading WBF.

Mobile videos are consistent across systems, as everyone has iPhone or Android, and easy to do any upload

I play records and have no mobile phone. I see too many people in restaurants looking at their phones to escape interaction with the person across from them. I see too many students on campus crossing the street looking at the phone. Everyone walking around with their head down pecking at tiny keyboards.. Some convenience, yes. Guess I'm resisting. The phone becomes a lifestyle, too consuming, feeling lost without it. Of course ymmv.

Reactions: Ovenmitt and rando
Actually, my point was that watching videos is similar to, and done alongside of, reading WBF, not comparing components

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing