What does it mean when people describe Digital as Sounding like "Analog"? Best term?

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Wise choice - that way you won't have to put up with being edited. :)

It was the 'noble wild Andalusian stallion' analogy that caught my eye.
Which immediately caused me to think of Morrison's lyrics in 'Spanish Caravan' on Waiting for the Sun.
And off we went !

Say ... that calls for a brief interlude:
It’s great to see artists quoting the classics. Nice share thanks Tim.

Reactions: tima

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Oh my ... you could be a reviewer !
He is ! Graham reviews life and the human condition, on a daily basis ;)

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Milan, wish I’d written that ;) ... thanks man. Best try to live up to that :eek:.

The human condition... now there is something worth writing and making music about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lagonda

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Had a quick search... seems an interesting writer Peter.

He always had a sobering opinion, was a keen observer of social trends, and most importantly, he described things as he saw them while infusing his writings with a sense of history, perspective, and wit. Oh, and he was a real gentleman who opined with reason rather than emotion, or so he seemed. Quite a sportsman too.

I smile thinking of what he might have written about the character drawing the carriage. My guess is something about species appropriation, celebration, and free will.

Reactions: the sound of Tao

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing