What gear for online guitar lessons?

Ynob

Jan 5, 2021
Hi,

I just started online guitar lessons. So far I have a POD GO and an electric guitar, when I play on my own I simply plug my headphones into the POD GO and everything is fine.
Now, I would need to find a setup where:
- I can hear myself playing
- I can listen to what my teacher says
- I don't want to hear my own microphone, obviously
- I need my teacher to be able to hear what I'm playing and what I'm saying, so that would require at some point to mix my microphone with my guitar output.

Would anyone know how can I accomplish that?
Thanks for the answers

MTB Vince

May 11, 2019
Dundas, ON Canada
This is a high-end consumer audio forum @Ynob and not the ideal place to find good answers to your questions. Members of this forum are all about reproducing music recordings very well here. Creating and recording or streaming live music is another thing entirely. You would be much better served asking these questions on a pro-audio forum like (the embarassingly named but otherwise awesome) www.gearslutz.com

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Perhaps a small amplifier for your guitar. Your teacher should be able to hear you play through whatever device you're using to be on-line, assuming it has a microphone. Turn off the sound on that device when you play; the mic should still pick up the sound.

I don't play guitar but if I did I'd buy a Fender tube amp. :-o

dbeau

Apr 20, 2018
OKC,USA
Perhaps a small amplifier for your guitar. Your teacher should be able to hear you play through whatever device you're using to be on-line, assuming it has a microphone. Turn off the sound on that device when you play; the mic should still pick up the sound.

I don't play guitar but if I did I'd buy a Fender tube amp. :-o
I take remote lessons (OK>CA teacher) just using my laptop and ZOOM.
I play classic guitar but don't see how/why an electric using amp would be different.
Sound quality isn't top but it really doesn't matter in a lesson as much as visual ability to follow technique and score.
Best of luck - the only positive of Covid has been driving me to taking lessons remote with better player/teachers than can be found locally -- and these professionals are looking for income with performing venues being closed.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I m thinking of buying a guitar and take some lessons / learn of you tube , got time to spare with all this " work from home stuff " :)
You can buy a plug in and play through headphones

Gibson les paul standard 50 s or 60 s GIbson les paul.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Lampie519

Lampie519

Mar 14, 2021
Hoofddorp, Holland
Great !!!

Just be carefull with headphones....

Reactions: andromedaaudio

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Billie gibbons /Gibson les paul with that rough rock sound :cool:

Attachments

• 4bbd2b496787963c38fcb5815b387656-e1589887045772.jpg
    4bbd2b496787963c38fcb5815b387656-e1589887045772.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing