What is it with the Dutch and high end servers?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Taiko SGM and Extreme
Pink Faun 2.16
...and a new contender, the Grimm MU1.

What are they putting in the water supply in The Netherlands?

Reactions: Nevillekapadia

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Can't speak for the others, but the Grimm is especially suited for eliminating Digital Wesens.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Taiko SGM and Extreme
Pink Faun 2.16
...and a new contender, the Grimm MU1.

What are they putting in the water supply in The Netherlands?
Lazy people that can’t be bothered to get up and change sides on a LP ;)

FredM

Dec 28, 2019
Dutch chemistry, creating a different kind of drug :cool:

“Canadian researchers have suggested that when humans are moved by music their brains behave as if reacting to delicious food, psychoactive drugs, or money. The pleasure experience is driven by the chemical dopamine, which produces physical effects known as "chills" that cause changes in heart rate, breathing, temperature and the skin's electrical conductance. The responses correlate with the degree to which people rate the "pleasurability" of music. Dopamine release is greatest when listeners had a strong emotional response to music. "If music-induced emotional states can lead to dopamine release, as our findings indicate, it may begin to explain why musical experiences are so valued,” wrote the scientists.”

Reactions: Lagonda

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Gentlemen, I was expecting all the drugs references. Thank God you didn't proffer theories on Red Light Districts as well Lol.

I was just wondering if the Dutch are a seemingly combination of opposites. Like the Dutch "Total Football" of JCruyff mid-70s...still imho the greatest era and team in football to my mind.

The Total Football combination of hugely ordered mindset and absolutely free inspiration may not be replicated in many places...certainly not football. Emile and Extreme looks as close to Total Streaming as you can get.

And Pink Faun 2.16 and Grimm MU-1 look hugely inspired as well.
Dutch Total Football mentality runs to streamers too?

FredM

Dec 28, 2019
Haha, or an analogy using Dutch coaches as the master brain behind the performance, those who set the philosophy, create the team tactics and selects and programs the right players for the job. Now I’ll duck and cover on deciding who is Rinus, Johan or Louis :)

Reactions: Low325

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Just ask Manchester Utd fans about Louis VG.

Reactions: TDX

FredM

Dec 28, 2019
The fans from Ajax (‘95) and I guess Barca, Bayern and even AZ can also answer. Is Woodward considered a MU fan btw? ;)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Money and football should answer that. The Cruyff Total Football era. No money involved there. And football was the better for it. Now, I'm gonna stop before I start on music being the best during that period as well.

FredM

Dec 28, 2019
Indeed, it’s always great to see teams punch way above their ‘value’ and win trophies (like Ajax, Leicester, AZ, etc). Some famous Cruyff expressions to finish our nostalgic muse:

Why can’t you beat a richer club? I’ve never seen a bag of money score a goal.

What is speed? Speed is often confused with insight. When I start running earlier then others. I appear faster.

Playing football is very simple, but playing simple football is the hardest thing there is

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Fred, the Leicester story is unprecedented in modern sport, esp football. Even when Nott Forest won the (old) English First Division in 79/80 and then the (old) European Championship, it maybe didn't match...primarily because of the absence of money involved in football then.

It says something that an outsider could get odds 40 years ago...but couldn't today.

Last edited:

FredM

Dec 28, 2019
With some inside help from the AIVD (the Dutch Intelligence Agency) a link between the 3 companies and their master brain has been discovered, although I’m not sure I’m allowed to share this in public.

Reactions: Taiko Audio

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
He looks lovely...but I'm missing it (Covid brain rot).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing