What sound system do you recommend for a gym?

LuisR

Jun 25, 2020
Hi good day. I am new to the forum and I appreciate that there are places like this, full of information.

Today I have a question.

We are building a GYM of 500 square meters. and I am looking for a company that sells sound equipment, but the truth is that I have not found one.

So my question is:

If you had a space of 500 square meters, what equipment would you buy?

My budget is a maximum of $ 5,000 dollars.

I am looking for something of $ 3,000 dollars. it's possible?

Also if you know of any company that sells sound systems, please comment below.

We want to thank everybody beforehand.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I would look at line sources from TurboSound. They will take bluetooth streams and will play loud and clear for aerobics, dance and spinning classes. They don't take up much space and will carry their volume fairly evenly at the farthest corners because of the line source design. To me they sound better than similar Bose products while costing less. Well within your budget.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/IP2000V2--turbosound-inspire-ip2000-v2

PS

Price is per speaker and disclaimer, no ties with Turbosound, just a happy customer myself.

Reactions: Duke LeJeune

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
We do work like that all the time here in the US. You need a bunch of smaller speakers usually placed up high around the areas you want to cover. These can be indoor outdoor type products ( speakers in plastic cabinets so they will last or in ceiling speakers) You can use if you like products like SONOS which require virtually no installation and you can stream to them or play music from your phone , this is very affordable and simple to do. I assume what you want is manly sonic wallpaper , or just some decent background music if not then you will need someone to see the space and design the system

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I conducted a direct A/B/C/D comparison survey of several in-ceiling speakers a couple of years ago, and my favorite was the PSB C-LCR. I chose these for my in-ceiling speakers wherever they could fit in our renovated house.

Site7000

Jul 16, 2011
Also consider playing the system mono. With mono it's the same sound everywhere in the room. With stereo you will mainly be listening to one channel or the other unless you are in or near the sweet spot.

Reactions: JackD201

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
How about one that works out - couldn’t help my self

Reactions: Mikem53

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing