What's best in highly sensitive/efficient speakers.

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
My wife is VERY understanding and VERY forthcoming but NO WAY a sub that tall will block the view any more than what is already standing in the living room :p

Btw. at what frequency does the cornersub cross over to upper bass/lower mids horn?
i know that problem,happy wife ...happy life;)
The speaker is measured in your room, it has very good service. I don't know the crossover frequency and how far it can be changed

P.S that's why I have my playroom in the basement:D

Reactions: christoph

cal3713

Nov 2, 2020
youtube.com

cal3713

Nov 2, 2020
youtube.com
Reactions: Audiophile Bill

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

ihmeyers

VIP/Donor
Nov 13, 2017
Palm Beach County, Florida
It depends on how you listen. I compared the devore to a 25k and a 65k Lansche in the same room. Lansche are very good speakers. When you play on such speakers you get me more weight and stage on the first record. It then repeats record after record. With devore the stage and presentation changes with each record so I get a more realistic concert feel on each. Devores respond better to lower wattage SETs so you get more purity and speed and nuance.

Were you referring specifically to the O/96 or O/93? I have a number of SETs that run the gamut from 3.5W to 18W so I could probably drive either.

Thanks Bonzo.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Were you referring specifically to the O/96 or O/93? I have a number of SETs that run the gamut from 3.5W to 18W so I could probably drive either.

Thanks Bonzo.

I have heard the 96 not the 93. I assume it might be similar. You need space behind and at the side

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing