What's best in tube-friendly loudspeakers?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
So now we have low powered tube amp threads, 100w tube amp threads, and high powered tube amp threads . (...)

Fortunately - they differ enough in their sound quality and speaker matching to deserve separate threads. But perhaps it would be nice to name speaker models, not only the brands.

Reactions: christoph

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
Reference 3A. My two monitors from the company thus far (MM DeCapo BE, Reflector) are specified at 92 dB sensitivity and an 8 ohm load. They could be driven by my 15 W/ch tube monoblocks very dynamically. Currently I use a tube amp of 100 W/ch into 8 ohms, with even more dynamics.

Some floor standers by Reference 3A are also specified at high sensitivity, and as tube-friendly 8 ohm load.
Another vote for Reference 3A speakers. Have listened to Episode, Veena and Grand Veena floorstanders with under 100W/ch tube amps and never felt any of them was underpowered. Really geat speakers and unbeatable value for money. No wonder HP was raving about them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing