"WHAT'S NEW" & "New Posts", why are there two and they're counter intuitive!

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Why are there two menus with exactly the same title and we're continuously forced to navigate between the two aimlessly to piece the threads together? I don't know about anyone else but if I as WBF veteran find it maddening and confusing imagine newcomers trying to figure out what's what and what's missing under one menu vs the other with a title which means exactly as the the other one.

Why in the world doesn't my "new post" show under "New Posts" and can only be seen under "WHAT'S NEW"? What's the logic behind this? Why click on one menu and see a few measly posts then have click again to have the option to see more threads when that option can up with the first click? Then click again to navigate to another section to find another menu with literally the same name to drop down a few threads again only to be forced to click one MORE AGAIN just to get a longer list that doesn't actually contain all the latest posts?

What's wrong with a more elegant approach with one menu and dropping down the last 20 or 30 posts so one can scroll through the content easily without all the pointless clicking?

Anyone else getting confused?

david

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Why are there two menus with exactly the same title and we're continuously forced to navigate between the two aimlessly to piece the threads together? I don't know about anyone else but if I as WBF veteran find it maddening and confusing imagine newcomers trying to figure out what's what and what's missing under one menu vs the other with a title which means exactly as the the other one.

Why in the world doesn't my "new post" not show under "New Posts" and can only be seen under "WHAT'S NEW"? What's the logic behind this? What's the reason for having to click on one menu to see a few measly posts then have click another menu to get a few more threads that could have dropped down to begin with, then have to navigate to another section to find another menu with literally the same title to drop down a few threads again only to be force to click one MORE menu to get a longer list that doesn't actually contain all the latest posts?

What's wrong with a more elegant approach with one menu and dropping down the last 20 or 30 posts so one can scroll through the content easily without all the pointless clicking?

Anyone else getting confused?

david

It stays whats new until you mark forums read

There are several buttons that show up everywhere with same function. It's not that big of a deal IMHO

David, do me a favor. If you have an issue please post it in the forum designated for bugs and suggestions otherwise everything gets lost

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
It stays whats new until you mark forums read

There are several buttons that show up everywhere with same function. It's not that big of a deal IMHO

David, do me a favor. If you have an issue please post it in the forum designated for bugs and suggestions otherwise everything gets lost
You see I'm already confused :)! Of course it's a big deal why have so redundancy when it's not need and each section is also incomplete. I'll move the post to the other section.

david

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I did and New Posts disappeared let's see what happens now, where does this new post pop up.

david

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
It only pops up under WHAT'S NEW and not New Posts, why is that? You basically have to menus with the literally the same title that you have to click on constantly, what's the point?

david

Steve Williams

It only pops up under WHAT'S NEW and not New Posts, why is that? You basically have to menus with the literally the same title that you have to click on constantly, what's the point?

david

david

I have never not had a post show up in
"New posts"

Try it David

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
No, it's because the default is unread posts which I only noticed now so my new post doesn't show up until I x out of it. There are so much clicking, what purpose does it serve? Software should be intuitive and efficient not force you take all these unnecessary steps.

david

Steve Williams

I get your point but it is you who are making IMO too many keystrokes. I see the post immediately my way but you you still want to do it your way and push 3 buttons and complain that it takes too long.

I get the point but I'm done talking about it David

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing