What's Spinning Tonight?

If anybody can relate to the AC/DC dilemma.

Reactions: XV-1
Digital Underground - Sex Packets

View attachment 75082
I was very curious what was behind this intriguing name, so I googled it. I must say it is quite a story.

It turns out that the Group leader Shock G explained that "sex packets" were drugs that when taken would induce the user to orgasm. The story went that the US government created them for astronauts after learning that they perform better when sexually satisfied.

According to Shock G, one of the singers Edward Earl Cook (a.k.a. Schmoov) was actually working on sex packets, and was convinced he could market them. Shock G decided to run with the concept and the pair developed a whole story around it, with plenty of detail. They claimed that the "sex packets" were invented by Edward Earl Cook, who was a scientific adviser to NASA and associated with Stanford University. The packets were part of the rations on space flights, and had migrated to the underground drug scene on the West Coast. As Shock would tell journalists, the pills would put you to sleep for a few minutes, and when you wake up, you will have had a nocturnal emission (and crave a cigarette). They even came up with a clinical name for the drug: Genetic Suppression Release Antidote (GSRA).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing