What's the Current Best Cordless Vacuum?

PHelm198

Jun 1, 2017
I've had enough of my giant Henry Hoover, so it's time to upgrade. Ideally I want something small and light, which is why I'm thinking of getting a cordless vacuum.

Does anyone know which the best cordless vacuums are? I know Dyson do a good one but it's expensive (to say the least...)

Thanks!

Edit:
I've been doing some more research:
http://spotlessvacuum.co.uk/cordless-vacuum-cleaners/ - this is a UK site so more applicable to me. They older V6 seems to be the best choice within my price range.
http://www.consumerreports.org/vacuum-cleaners/best-vacuums-of-2016/ - Consumer Reports recommend the Bissell AirRam, which I'm guessing is the same as the Gtech in the UK?

Does anyone have any experience with either of these vacuums?

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 25, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I think the handheld Dyson is very good.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 25, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
True – but it can suck a tack out of the wall at 20 feet!

Jul 25, 2012
NY
I really like my three sharks.

They aren't expensive and I have one for each floor in the house--basement, first floor and second floor.

Their spinning brushes cleans everything off any type of floor and they really suck! :D

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 26, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I think the handheld Dyson is very good.

I bought my wife one of those and she can't say enough good things about it. She always comments, "I Love This Thing".... If I wasn't here, he'd probably be married to it!!

PHelm198

Jun 1, 2017
I have one of those--well the DC16 model and the damn battery lasts about 2 :mad:mins at most--Bleeehhh!

BruceD
Seriously?! That's nowhere near enough for me - even if it has strong suction. Some of the vacuums I've been looking at can last 40+ minutes.

JackD201

[WBF Founding Member]
Apr 21, 2010
Manila, Philippines

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
I really like my three sharks.
We have one (corded version) on the first floor but a 5,748 pound (Plus attachments) Kirby on the 2nd floor which I am trying to sell and replace with another Shark. Highly recommended. I have not used the battery powered --- though they do make a few models that are.

jaine

Oct 18, 2017
Current best cordless vacuum

right these two are best cordless vacuum cleaners.

dyson v8 cordless vacuum cleaners.

deik 2 in 1 cordless vacuum cleaner.

dyson is best in the business even though its pricey it does the job very well and also it can be converted into handheld vacuum. adding to that it has 40 minutes of suction power in normal mode. this is the perfect fit for different flooring types, carpets and pets.
v8.jpg

turner

May 2, 2018
I bought my wife one of those and she can't say enough good things about it. She always comments, "I Love This Thing https://www.10machines.com/best-vacuum-for-pet-hair/".... If I wasn't here, he'd probably be married to it!!
Lol, that's funny. In my opinion, iRobot Roomba is pretty good when it comes to robot vacuums. And, if you want to go for upright vacuum, then Shark Rotator NV752 is a reliable choice.

gazmitch61

Sep 4, 2018
Lol, that's funny. In my opinion, iRobot Roomba is pretty good when it comes to robot vacuums. And, if you want to go for upright vacuum, then Shark Rotator NV752 is a reliable choice.
I would agree I have used a roomba robot for a bit now and think they are fantastic. still have a Dyson V9 for cleaning hard to reach areas.

May 31, 2010
Vancouver, BC
SEBO makes really good vacuums.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing