Where can my Nagra CDP well repaired?

ccTOMYANG

Jan 4, 2021
Dear audio lovers,
I am looking for the repair for my CDP.
My Nagra CDP won't function in a sudden, after I heard a short but big "Noise" came out from speakers. Then, it hang with no movement. I un-plug power cord, and plug it back in after 5 minutes. And turned the switch on and off, only small motion of CD pick up head up and down, with inner tray red light on. There are serial yellow lights on main board, near the rear wall light on. But, with no function, yellow lights on on front panel not work, except one line of LED on without word. Is there Nagra dealer or service center I can send for repair? Or, I need to send it to Nagra swiss lab for repair? Any info provided will be appreciated. It is a second hand player I bought from friend who acquired from US.
BR, and happy new year !
TOM from Taipei

*Taiwan Nagra dealer only service the equipment it sold.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Can you give it to the dealer who can ship it to a Nagra repair shop for the work? Otherwise, you should contact Nagra direct and see what they recommend.

ccTOMYANG

Jan 4, 2021
Dear thedudeabidies,
I wrote to Nagra directly, but no one reply at all. Dealer won't do anything, still.
This morning, I changed the power cord and amazingly-- it lived again. I do several tests on all functions even remote, it all works. But one thing odd happened, the function of light control pin got 1610004434326.png 1610004224038.png

"REVERSED". If you pull it up to Sun, the panel goes faint. If push it down, it goes lighter. Is there any one have this situation before? Is it the firmware problem? Is there anyone who is capable to fixe this issue? Or, only Nagra can do "re-install" drivers and firmware?

Many thanks for your assistance.
TOM

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Puts doubt into the integrity of Nagra. Especially given their prices.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing