Where to sell vacuum tubes

Adcc

Mar 30, 2021
Edinburgh
I have a number of vintage newTelefunken, Valvo, Siemens AD1, RGN 2504, 4004, Ba etc. From my collection that I would like to sell. eBay is not really an option at this point . Do any members know where I could sell these besides the obvious Audiogon Audiomart?

thanks in advance

scot

Jan 4, 2018
Hi Adcc

This forum has a classified section. If you post a classified add, put all pertinent info, put fair pricing on them, they will sell quickly. Everyone on this site could be a potential buyer. Good luck.

Best regards
Scot

Adcc

Mar 30, 2021
Edinburgh
Hi Adcc

This forum has a classified section. If you post a classified add, put all pertinent info, put fair pricing on them, they will sell quickly. Everyone on this site could be a potential buyer. Good luck.

Best regards
Scot
Thank you Scot

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
As a new member, there may be some hesitancy to buy from you. If you post more about yourself and your interests in audio, that would help. We have had people join just to sell and have had a few bad apples. Not sure whether you are including the US Audiomart in your OP. Larry

Adcc

Mar 30, 2021
Edinburgh
As a new member, there may be some hesitancy to buy from you. If you post more about yourself and your interests in audio, that would help. We have had people join just to sell and have had a few bad apples. Not sure whether you are including the US Audiomart in your OP. Larry
Hi Larry

I’ll post about myself and no, I am going to sell only on this forum. Where do you suggest I post about myself?

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Hi Larry

I’ll post about myself and no, I am going to sell only on this forum. Where do you suggest I post about myself?
There is a section in the Forums called Introduce Yourself. You have to scroll down fairly far to find it. Your post will show up under new posts, so everyone can see it. You can talk about yourself - particularly your audio interests, equipment, music interests, etc. Larry

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Also, if you have sold stuff elsewhere and have feedback it would be valuable to identify that and post a link.

Reactions: ACHiPo

Adcc

Mar 30, 2021
Edinburgh
There is a section in the Forums called Introduce Yourself. You have to scroll down fairly far to find it. Your post will show up under new posts, so everyone can see it. You can talk about yourself - particularly your audio interests, equipment, music interests, etc. Larry
Thanks, Larry. Will do. Alex

loki1957

Sep 19, 2012
Santa Fe NM
I have a cigar box full of Telefunken 12ax7 tubes that I purchased many years ago. I paid about 50.00 each back then. I'd like to sell all them as none of my gear use them. Problem is how do I go about pricing them and selling them? I can't measure them as I don't have a tube tester. Any suggestions?

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I have a cigar box full of Telefunken 12ax7 tubes that I purchased many years ago. I paid about 50.00 each back then. I'd like to sell all them as none of my gear use them. Problem is how do I go about pricing them and selling them? I can't measure them as I don't have a tube tester. Any suggestions?

Send them to me and I will test them for you. My only "fee" is that you let me buy a couple pair at a fair price.

Reactions: Adcc and tima

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Where are you located?

Cherry Hill, NJ. I can assure you I will do a nice job of testing and matching pairs. I have done this for a couple other people as well.

Since you don’t know me, I have feedback on audiogon “dminches”.

Adcc

Mar 30, 2021
Edinburgh
Hi Loki

I am located in Toronto, Canada Maybe you should be talking to member dminches. He made the offer Of testing. Unfortunately I do not have a tester anymore, but keep me in mind for a couple of your TFK. These tubes have a glass diamond embossed in the bottom of the tube between the pins if made by TFK. If there is no diamond they could be made by Siemens. The ones with the diamond are worth more money. Alex

loki1957

Sep 19, 2012
Santa Fe NM
Thanks. They all have diamond on the bottom.

loki1957

Sep 19, 2012
Santa Fe NM
Thanks for the offer dminches. I'll contact you when I get a shipping box. How does free sound for matching them?

Adcc

Mar 30, 2021
Edinburgh
Good. They are the real deal. Just a thought. If they have gold pins they could be ECC803S. If so, these tubes are worth a ton of money.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Thanks for the offer dminches. I'll contact you when I get a shipping box. How does free sound for matching them?

Sounds great!

I will send you a PM with my information.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing