Which are your future plan?

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
My plan is to buy more high quality tapes : analogue productions / hemiolia / tape project / open reel records .

Get a custom room for a big sound improvement.

Other improvements in amps ( if so ? ) : Lamm ml 3 dartzeel CH i dont know.

My speakers i cannot easily improve , they are already efficiency matched resistor free loudspeakers with a flat Freq response
Only bigger size more membrane surface., more impact.

Ps May be im gonna design resonance free equipment platforms

Last edited:
Reactions: jeff1225

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
I have a few projects ongoing, Gian:

> Completion of my 2 way (purist version and DSP bass solution version)
> 2 way compression driver model
> 5 way monster horn project

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Getting Mike to post table compare videos

advanced101

VIP/Donor
May 3, 2017
- Take another look at speakers, demo some horn systems to determine path forward
- If I decide to stay with my Daedalus speakers, send them in for 2021 revisions
- New amps, likely try Lamm if I stay Daedalus, TBD for other speakers
- EMIA Silver SUT
- Change to Dual Tonearm Artisan Fidelity Plinth along with new updates to motor unit, bearing refresh, Glanz Tonearm
- When a rebuild for my Koetsu is needed, send in for Diamond upgrade

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Condor/Eclipse motor upgrade to my Salvation rim drive tt.
LPS to motor.
Kondo/Bocchinos/AN tonearm wire upgrade, w Audio Machina V8 anti vibration tweak to armwand.
Fit PET diffusion boards to eaves.
Install external amp to Zu subs.
Remaining Bocchinos upgrades to Sablon Elites pwr cords.
Top chassis damping to cdp, amps, phono, psu.s.
Herbies Audio Labs tube dampers to 211s.

Last edited:

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I have a few projects ongoing, Gian:

> Completion of my 2 way (purist version and DSP bass solution version)
> 2 way compression driver model
> 5 way monster horn project

Nice plans Bill! I will probably finally move to phase III of my design, which becomes a DTQWT by adding 2 x 10 inch (or 12...can't decide) woofers in a second horn (both horns have the same mouth at the bottom of the speaker). I have friend who is a professional furniture maker who I will hire to do the woodworking. At first it will be fully active as well but i will work on a passive xo as well during that time.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Getting Mike to post table compare videos

watching Ked do his thing. while enjoying where i'm at.

just added some cables i will be talking about but it's something i've already done....so not future.

no system change plans at this point. maybe a rack for the (new to my system) EMT 948/Kairos/Infinity if that stays.

retire. go fishing.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
For my audio hobby, in no particular order:

1. Buy more LPs
2. Search for a more affordable AS2000
3. Listen to digital in friends' systems
4. Try to sell some unused audio stuff: room treatments, pneumatic platforms, cartridges
5. Visit Ron's new house and spin some LPs in his listening room
6. Have electrician install new dedicated circuits and grounding scheme to compare to my current set up

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Nice plans Bill! I will probably finally move to phase III of my design, which becomes a DTQWT by adding 2 x 10 inch (or 12...can't decide) woofers in a second horn (both horns have the same mouth at the bottom of the speaker). I have friend who is a professional furniture maker who I will hire to do the woodworking. At first it will be fully active as well but i will work on a passive xo as well during that time.

Hi Brad,

Really looking forward to your completed horns!

Best.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
watching Ked do his thing. while enjoying where i'm at.

just added some cables i will be talking about but it's something i've already done....so not future.

no system change plans at this point. maybe a rack for the (new to my system) EMT 948/Kairos/Infinity if that stays.

retire. go fishing.

It’s all about the fishing, Mike :D. Just been fishing the river Dordogne in France.

marmota

Feb 3, 2016
- Building monster Open Baffle speakers, only with the condition they're big and ugly (and cheap, but specially ugly, the uglier the better!).
- Build cheap but good sounding integrated amp kit, such as Akitika, for example.
- Buy cheap but decent sounding DAC, such as Schiit Multibit or Soekris and second hand CD transport.
- Enjoying and discovering music, while living a happy and healthy life :cool:

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
Never before done, but I'm effectively replacing everything - with new not use

New Avantgarde Duo XDs to replace 2006 pre-Omega Duos so hopefully no nasty surprises. They're are literally on their way.

New NAD M33 to replace M32 - again hopefully no nasty surprises. Upgrading as the new unit has Dirac room correction and streamer feature built in, plus latest Purifi amplifier. Probably the best all-in-one on the market and a true bargain when compared with separates.

Keeping NAD M50.2 that holds my few hundred CDs on FLAC and will play or rip new CDs that I may buy or visitors bring along.

Selling everything else - Martin Logan 13As - virtually unused but sadly not suitable for my listening room, NAD M32, NAD M12, Consonance Cyber 845 monoblocs and maybe my old Duos, although I'll probably keep them a while in case I need them in another room.

PS - Don'r scoff all you guys who think it's necessary to spend 100K on electronics separates and cables. The NAD will give me at least 99+% of what you'd get, but I can take holidays abroad - and probably keep a mistrss too!

Last edited:
Reactions: hogen

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Right now, I am frankly thrilled with my system and room. I keep on the lookout for a used even broken McCormack TLC-1 pre amp to send back to Steve to be completely rebuilt so I have a spare pre amp just in case. Other than that, it is to fly out to LA to visit my musician son and to do some listening in Ron’s new room. My wife looks forward to another lunch with Ron after the one in West London. :)

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
The NAD will give me at least 99+% of what you'd get, but I can take holidays abroad - and probably keep a mistress too!

Audiophiles are not known for their pragmatism and common sense. So kudos, even though I'm not sure which part of your trifecta impressed me the most!

Reactions: pjwd

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Hi Brad,

Really looking forward to your completed horns!

Best.
THX! Not as fast as you though at getting this stuff realized...I have been "working" on a TT design for over three years!! ;)

Ovenmitt

Nov 21, 2017
I have about 1,000-1,500 records that I inherited when my dad passed away last year. It's all stuff that I grew up on and remember from when I was a little kid. I'm hoping to start to reacquaint myself with a lot of those LP's soon. I also just got a new shipment of Panzerholtz, from Canada and I am about to start building a couple more Garrard and Technics plinths.... Oh yeah, and drink some more good wine!

Reactions: Bobvin

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing