Which rack i can buy???????????????

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
Another suggestion is audiophile base in the uk. 3 pr 4 pillars of any size, 2 levels of platforms, so a wide range.

If there are no retailers in your country or area, you can contact them directly.

Good luck with your search

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear all,many thanks for all useful suggestion.
I am very busy in this days and in week end i will check well your suggestion
Thanks

Reactions: Bodhi

analogsa

Apr 15, 2017
Cascais
I am not surprised at those racks, I have been telling Gian to get a solid wood rack (with mooks of course) and avoid Hifi Racks. Many available in EU. in Germany also these wooden blocks with wheels so that you can move gear around easily. This guy also deals in Artesania
View attachment 47388

A Rui Borges with a Rigid Float? How interesting! Did you listen to it?

Racks are perhaps the hardest part to get right: too many over engineered products that sound really bad. I have a double size Pagode Reference which is pretty much unusable without some serious additional isolation on top of every shelf. It just saps the life out of music. Would have replaced it with an Artesania a long time ago, if it wasn't for the rather perplexing fact that the Artesania tt platform on top gets the least amount of isolation. Won't even mention what i think of glass under a TT.

For me light and rigid has always worked better than sheer mass. My favourite are the shelf-less Stillpoint if money is no object and the Adona if it is.

The massive approach demands serious additional isolation. I can see it working with a Herzan/Stacore platforms on top, but certainly not without. The massive wooden cubes on wheels must be a joke.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
A Rui Borges with a Rigid Float? How interesting! Did you listen to it?

Racks are perhaps the hardest part to get right: too many over engineered products that sound really bad. I have a double size Pagode Reference which is pretty much unusable without some serious additional isolation on top of every shelf. It just saps the life out of music. Would have replaced it with an Artesania a long time ago, if it wasn't for the rather perplexing fact that the Artesania tt platform on top gets the least amount of isolation. Won't even mention what i think of glass under a TT.

For me light and rigid has always worked better than sheer mass. My favourite are the shelf-less Stillpoint if money is no object and the Adona if it is.

The massive approach demands serious additional isolation. I can see it working with a Herzan/Stacore platforms on top, but certainly not without. The massive wooden cubes on wheels must be a joke.

Yes of course. This is the global distributor of the TT, based in Munich. I went there to check out the table but have no conclusions as yet as wew did not swap anything in the source. He had a Fuuga on. The sound was grounded, linear, from bottom to top, nice stage and calm. We changed a lot of downstream components including Lansche 20k, 65k speakers and Devore O96. With amps from Jadis, NAF, Silvercore and Rike. What blew me there was the Devore, especially with the NAF 2a3. I also found him to be very good at set up, his room acoustics are excellent. I also saw that he was a dealer for Lampi but since he had a 300b on I did not try. The Lansche are very good, imo better than Wilson, Magico, Revel, Focal.

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl

That's too general of a statement IMHO. High mass just by physics has a great potential of providing a decent isolation (in a certain part of the audio spectrum). The trick is to make this mass a "quality mass" and not to introduce problems in other parts of the spectrum. Of course an additional isolation in a form of a properly designed platform takes things to another dimension, but a properly executed high mass rack can work without it too IMHO.

Cheers,

Reactions: the sound of Tao

Walnut Horns

May 11, 2015
Box Furniture Co. makes well built solid wood racks that are reasonably priced. You can add footers or other types of isolation to taste.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Just imo, by keeping rack costs cheap and adding footers you achieve same objective with better performance. Plus as most racks and footers ruin sound, you are not stuck with a footer if you make the wrong purchase. With a rack your sound is ruined possibly forever, depending on the price, as it is very difficult to sell off except by a few people who have the ability to take a large hit.

Unlike electronics very few if any dealer will carry multiple racks to allow you for demo.

On the other hand, if Gian got in a solid wood rack, he could compare footers from CS, stacore, mooks, still points, symposium, in no time

Reactions: the sound of Tao

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I don't like the look of rack of wood also heavy and i think wood add some color to the sound,while i think rack like Artesania for example
has sound more neutral or isolated,but i don't know,could be is only my ideas

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I don't like the look of rack of wood also heavy and i think wood add some color to the sound,while i think rack like Artesania for example
has sound more neutral or isolated,but i don't know,could be is only my ideas

They are not neutral, they will take something away, which is why your friend gave you the negative report

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Gian, I had a chance to audition my Symposium rack versus one or two other highly regarded alternatives.

It won out w it's tendency to get out of the way, seemed much more neutral in the comparison.

If you reach out to Peter at Symposium you'll find him hugely helpful and enthusiastic and he'll certainly work hard to get you onside especially if no distrib in Italy.

Mention my name, I've been a customer of his for over 5 years now.

I feel you can't go wrong w his prices, engineering and materials pedigree, and uber customer service.

Reactions: MJB

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I checked now Symposium and seems good, in weekend i will read some.
Small problem i saw has 3 leg like with the leg behind in the middle
CH has some input exactly in the middle so i will have problems to put cable,but i will check well
Thanks

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
I checked now Symposium and seems good, in weekend i will read some.
Small problem i saw has 3 leg like with the leg behind in the middle
CH has some input exactly in the middle so i will have problems to put cable,but i will check well
Thanks
Another suggestion which might tick all your boxes are Taoc ASR II racks. They use composite wood shelves and do not sound colored. The ASR racks have been widely used at shows, have high cost-performance, and are modular in construction. They're also easy to work with and not too heavy. I use them in my system with upgraded FE Cerabase Classic feet. Here is a link fyi - http://www.taoc.gr.jp/en/asr2.html

Last edited:

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
in principle a Rack in a room with music playing has 5 main areas of functionality:

1. floor: The floor gets mechanical energy from the speaker spikes and from the music as such
This energy likes to enter the rack through the feets =>
Feets of Rack and feets of speakers need to be harmonized to have proper energy management.

2. Air: The air transports a lot of mechanical energy, this will go into the rack structure as such, into the individual levels and legs , which can than effect the gear to placed onto the rack =>
Effective Energy management for every level and the structure is needed.

3. Air: The Energy transported from the Air will make the units placed on the Rack resonating =>
The Rack should absorb this energy

4. EMV: The units to be placed in the Rack will effect each other with an EM field, also the room will have some EM fields. => EMV protection should be part of the Rack concept (like grounding)

5.PSU vibration: Any Psu vibrates, sometimes so strong, that this vibration might effect other gear as well =>
The rack /platforms/feets should absorb any vibration coming from the gear placed

When I start to decide, which Rack might be the best, I look into this 5 areas and analyze, if this rack might fit into my room and my situation.

So I just decided to go for an Artesania Rack, as the Rack can be customized with different feets and isolation accessories to nearly any given situation. They even recommend different coupling for rooms with a high level of acoustical energy (like normal living rooms) and for rooms with a high level of acoustical treatment (like studio)

I have not yet the experience , but I will find out soon.

Another reason it, that Nishikawa is using Artesania and my AF3P es developed/voiced on Artesania.

Most of my gear is currently placed on the HRS S series rack with M3x platforms.

The Artesania Rack will be for AF3P (Top-level) , the Boulder 2008 Phonopre (2 level) and my 2x MC step up transformers (one level), the AF3P airpump will be placed separately.

Reactions: amadeus

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Bassocontinuo i know well,i don't like the look and design,before was distributor my friend,now has another distributor that i don't like.
The best model are expensive and not very solid,could be sound good,i was them many times.
I know well Taoc and know are very good also.
My idea was Artesania,we see.

Other idea is one object i like a lot,its made from one top Italian company of forniture,RIVA1920 and is in cedar wood ,wide 190 cm or 240 cm
and depth 45 cm and weight 235 kg for 190 cm or 286 kg for 240 cm and cost 3.400 euro 190 cm and 4.000 euro 240 cm

Or you love,or you hate,i like a lot

Attachments

• IMG_5498.jpg
    IMG_5498.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: Bodhi

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Gian,
I totally get it if you don't like the design, after all you have to look at it all the time in your home. I do think that Basso has a pretty big line, some of which differs in looks vastly from what their standard pieces look like. OTOH, if you also don't like the distributor...LOL.:rolleyes:

BTW, I don't think anyone has mentioned Grand Prix audio as an alternative. I very much like their gear, and IMO it is excellent all around.

If you are looking just for art work, and not that concerned about sound...then what you posted above makes sense, there are a ton of great wooden art pieces that could fill in for audio stands.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
I ge
Bassocontinuo i know well,i don't like the look and design,before was distributor my friend,now has another distributor that i don't like.
The best model are expensive and not very solid,could be sound good,i was them many times.
I know well Taoc and know are very good also.
My idea was Artesania,we see.

Other idea is one object i like a lot,its made from one top Italian company of forniture,RIVA1920 and is in cedar wood ,wide 190 cm or 240 cm
and depth 45 cm and weight 235 kg for 190 cm or 286 kg for 240 cm and cost 3.400 euro 190 cm and 4.000 euro 240 cm

Or you love,or you hate,i like a lot

If I was forking out on a pricey rack, I would also go for the Artesania. They will last forever as their build is quality is great. I have heard systems with them but can’t say what it did for the sound obviously.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing