Which rack i can buy???????????????

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Do you mean adding platforms to my existing rack?
Yes, but I see you don’t want to increase the overall height. Quite understandable, it’s such an interesting backdrop.

Rocoa

Oct 17, 2018
Spain
I Remember a side-to-side comparison in the showroom of the past Italian importer here in Torino. that was almost 10-12 years ago. We moved a Vitus CD player along with its preamp sl101 from a simply Pagode model rack to a Pagode Master Reference. The Power amp (also Vitus Ss-101) remained in a separate Master Reference floor shelf for Power Amps. Speakers were at this time my Kharma Ce2.3.
I was skeptikal sigh my great surprise the difference was subtle buy clearly audible. The system does not sound the same. On Master Reference rack the sound was not only slightly cleaner, also there was a better definition in the spectrum, performers were easier to identify.
It was not "night and day", neverthless easy to hear by an Expert listener.

Hello,

I remember when I replaced my Finite Elemente Pagode by Pagode Master Reference too (resonators inside the sleves supports). The SQ improves but another steep was when I replaced the stock spikes for Finite Cerabase feet.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I put cerabase feet in the rack and not in the M1 base
I will do in future

After 3 days listening I can say I am happy because sound seems more right and more details in natural
Way come out
From the speaker

If I think what I spent I am very sad instead

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
It took me a long time to choose but in the end I ordered a SRA Scuttle mk3 rack today. It will take about 2 to 3 months for it to reach me...

Reactions: tima and christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
It took me a long time to choose but in the end I ordered a SRA Scuttle mk3 rack today. It will take about 2 to 3 months for it to reach me...
How did you end up with this exact type of rack?

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I liked the sra ohio xl2+ platforms I got. The two tier, wide four scuttle mk3 has the dimensions I am looking for. The distributor here is very good and all the positive reviews I have read on the rack added up in favor of it.

I was trying to choose between SRA, Finite Elemente and Artesenia. I do not have a chance to try them at my place at all and it would be very exhausting as well.

Reactions: christoph

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I liked the sra ohio xl2+ platforms I got. The two tier, wide four scuttle mk3 has the dimensions I am looking for. The distributor here is very good and all the positive reviews I have read on the rack added up in favor of it.

I was trying to choose between SRA, Finite Elemente and Artesenia. I do not have a chance to try them at my place at all and it would be very exhausting as well.
Congrats. I like my SRA rack.

Reactions: kodomo

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Thanks for the explanation.

Mini-Me

Sep 8, 2020
Hi kodomo! The SRA Craz is an outstanding rack. I really like its optics. I tried to obtain its price from SRA many times. They always referred to the Scuttle and did no answer my question. May be you could give me an indication on its price!

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Hi kodomo! The SRA Craz is an outstanding rack. I really like its optics. I tried to obtain its price from SRA many times. They always referred to the Scuttle and did no answer my question. May be you could give me an indication on its price!

I got Scuttle mk3.1 which is the latest version (what I have been told) It does the job and is looking nice.

I am sorry to say I do not know the price of Craz...

Attachments

• SRArack010420 copy.jpg
    SRArack010420 copy.jpg
    818 KB · Views: 71

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I have a Craz rack 1 and a Craz rack 3. I like the looks of SRA stuff and it seems to perform well although i have not really compared it to much. It certainly serves it's purpose. I think you will find the price for a standard double width 3 tier may be around 20k but you should get a quote from them. Strange why they are pushing you towards the Scuttle rack unless they don't make the Craz rack anymore?

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Please dont forget the Magico MRack!

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
I have a Craz rack 1 and a Craz rack 3. I like the looks of SRA stuff and it seems to perform well although i have not really compared it to much. It certainly serves it's purpose. I think you will find the price for a standard double width 3 tier may be around 20k but you should get a quote from them. Strange why they are pushing you towards the Scuttle rack unless they don't make the Craz rack anymore?

Yes, SRA still makes the Craz rack. I think the reasons they might be steering toward the Scuttle are a) Scuttle 3 performance has increased quite a bit since it now includes component specific design and same shelves as Craz and SRA will not try to oversell. And b) SRA is crazy busy at the moment, I don't know why but they have tremendous quantity of new orders. The Craz is complex construction, hand built by one guy and has a very lengthy build process. (b) is my speculation.

Lucky you Howie - Craz is the most elegant.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Yes, SRA still makes the Craz rack. I think the reasons they might be steering toward the Scuttle are a) Scuttle 3 performance has increased quite a bit since it now includes component specific design and same shelves as Craz and SRA will not try to oversell. And b) SRA is crazy busy at the moment, I don't know why but they have tremendous quantity of new orders. The Craz is complex construction, hand built by one guy and has a very lengthy build process. (b) is my speculation.

Lucky you Howie - Craz is the most elegant.

Thanks. One thing i did notice though is the Craz 3 is quite a bit lighter than my Craz1. Even the shelves are thinner. I actually had to swap a Craz 3 shelf over to my Craz 1 rack in order to fit a PS Audio P20 in as it wouldn't fit with the original shelf.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Thanks. One thing i did notice though is the Craz 3 is quite a bit lighter than my Craz1. Even the shelves are thinner. I actually had to swap a Craz 3 shelf over to my Craz 1 rack in order to fit a PS Audio P20 in as it wouldn't fit with the original shelf.

That's interesting - I was not aware of that change. I assume a major part of the weight in Craz 1 comes from the titanium skeleton - maybe they changed to a different metal. You can buy the shelves separately and SRA will send you new IsoPods if you change equipment - pretty sure the latter is at no cost, just send back the older ones.

Wrt the Scuttle, version 3 is actually a bit heavier, with slightly thicker frame and shelves.

edit: I know in Craz 2 they changed to cutting the frames in half to place the titanium rods versus drilling out the frames, so that is likely also how the 3 is built. If I can remember to ask, I'll find out about the weight difference.

Last edited:

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
That's interesting - I was not aware of that change. I assume a major part of the weight in Craz 1 comes from the titanium skeleton - maybe they changed to a different metal. You can buy the shelves separately and SRA will send you new IsoPods if you change equipment - pretty sure the latter is at no cost, just send back the older ones.

Wrt the Scuttle, version 3 is actually a bit heavier, with slightly thicker frame and shelves.

edit: I know in Craz 2 they changed to cutting the frames in half to place the titanium rods versus drilling out the frames, so that is likely also how the 3 is built. If I can remember to ask, I'll find out about the weight difference.

Would be nice to know. I have moved house at least 10 times and each time i move the Craz Rack1 by myself so i am well aware of the weight. Craz 3's frames seem thinner as well so I'm not sure if it's just the shelves. Of course I can't attest to whether this makes any difference to the sound though...

joey_v

Nov 30, 2015
Good to run into this thread.
Because of all the talk wrt SRA, I just bought and took delivery of my own SRA Scuttle Mk3, double wide, four level rack.

I never knew a rack would actually improve the sound, but it tightened my imaging.
Definitely a component level upgrade.

Reactions: mulveling

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats...in our system, isolation has been a huge boon to performance. We use the SRA Ohio XLs for the Zanden digital. Enjoy.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Good to run into this thread.
Because of all the talk wrt SRA, I just bought and took delivery of my own SRA Scuttle Mk3, double wide, four level rack.

I never knew a rack would actually improve the sound, but it tightened my imaging.
Definitely a component level upgrade.
Congrats! Four levels is pretty big. Care to share some photos?

Reactions: jeff1225

joey_v

Nov 30, 2015
Congrats! Four levels is pretty big. Care to share some photos?
I’ll get some photos up.
it is pretty large, but I’m glad I have some real estate for all my components. Ideally, triple wide with 3 levels. But I’ll settle for double wife 4 levels.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing