Who Has an SUV or Truck for the Audio System?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
High-end audio seems like it should be a pretty simple affair: listening to music in your own home. Why are so many of the pieces of the hobby – – both the system and the software – – so big, heavy and cumbersome?

I literally keep our SUV for the stereo. The SUV comes in very handy for moving around 125 pound per channel amplifiers and boxes of heavy LPs and tapes and large acoustic panels.

Who else keeps an SUV or truck primarily for the audio system?

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
I purchased a 2001 Chevy Express Explorer Conversion van with high top two months ago specifically for traveling to shows and picking up/dropping off gear. I have a 2013 Infiniti JX35 as my daily driver but it just got too small for all that gear. The best thing about the van is the powered rear seat that folds down into a bed - PERFECT for carting around big speakers.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I just had to have a new furnace put in (man, the night before last was cold!) and was talking to the guys about their utility van... I may need one at some point for moving audio equipment. I have an SUV that can be used now, but it has limitations compared to a utility van.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing