Who is the best person anywhere(UK USA Asia) to contact about Koetsu rebuild

strapper211

Aug 6, 2013
Looking for best person or distributor in UK or Asia or USA foe Koetsu coralstone platinum rebuild.
They change so often I lose track.

Robert

Loheswaran

Dec 19, 2014
Looking for best person or distributor in UK or Asia or USA foe Koetsu coralstone platinum rebuild.
They change so often I lose track.

Robert
I think it is well known that the best rebuild is by Koetsu themselves.

That said Expert Stylus in the UK are very good.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Yes, expert stylus. My friend got a koetsu urushi rebuilt from them with paratrace, and it is the only koetsu I like. It sounds better than his jade with diamond cantilever. And expert stylus is relatively low priced

Loheswaran

Dec 19, 2014
Yes, expert stylus. My friend got a koetsu urushi rebuilt from them with paratrace, and it is the only koetsu I like. It sounds better than his jade with diamond cantilever. And expert stylus is relatively low priced

The guy who runs Expert is about the most knowledgable man I've ever spoken to on the subject of cartridges - he gives some superb tips and advice.

They worked on a Shelter 501 for me and the Paratrace lifted the performance massively. I have bought a Monster Sigma of them too.

if you live in the UK speak to the guys at Absolute Sounds. They are actually very approachable and helpful and are in no way snooty and elitist - they will give you honest advice.

If you are at the Coralstone level you perhaps want to keep it as authentic as possible.

advanced101

VIP/Donor
May 3, 2017
MoFi is the US Distributor. You can call Music Direct.

strapper211

Aug 6, 2013
Hi,Thank You for the replys but
I think I worded my question wrong.
I am looking for a representative of Koetsu in UK or USA or Asia
to send my cartridge back to Koetsu.
I had dealings with Melvin Ang but I don't know
if he is still involved with Koetsu.
Robert

siddh

Oct 2, 2012
Hi,Thank You for the replys but
I think I worded my question wrong.
I am looking for a representative of Koetsu in UK or USA or Asia
to send my cartridge back to Koetsu.
I had dealings with Melvin Ang but I don't know
if he is still involved with Koetsu.
Robert
Melvin Ang was my most recent contact for rebuild of my Coralstone. This was back in Oct. 2019.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Expert did my Transfiguration Orpheus with a Paratrace a few years ago now. I would say it isn't as good as it was before the retip. However it is marginal and it was blinkin' cheap compared to Immutable.

The chap that did it seemed quite skeptical about high end cartridges. Note also that the Paratrace diamond tip is quite a bit bigger than the diamond in the original.

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Do not forget Mr Van Den Hull in Netherlands!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing