Why I am awake at 3AM. Pacific time?

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
My daughter will have baby delivered pretty soon ( in two hours).

I am going to be 60 years young grandfather.

Thus I am awake until I get the news.

Recently I am in audio heaven.

Raal Sr1a headphone driven by Schitt Jotuheim R give very musical sound with fast and open transients.

Lansche 4.1 augmented by two 18 inch Scaena subwoofer give very dynamic sound upon solid bass.

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
What kind of audio debate can we help you with to keep your mind engaged for the next two hours? Analog/digital? Lansche not doing transparency to recordings? Horns non horns?

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
What kind of audio debate can we help you with to keep your mind engaged for the next two hours? Analog/digital? Lansche not doing transparency to recordings? Horns non horns?
It is hard to get away from Lansche which is very transparent.

All horn speaker has its own coloration.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
It is hard to get away from Lansche which is very transparent.

All horn speaker has its own coloration.

I did compare the Lansche 20k and 65k model to the devore orangutans in the same room. The Lansche did better oomph and stage on the first record. Then it sounded to have similar oomph and stage. The devore had many more differences making me feel more you are there. Overall I would take the 20k Lansche over a Wilson, Magico, and such. You can play it with a nice jadis or sorts.

Reactions: thomask

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
I did compare the Lansche 20k and 65k model to the devore orangutans in the same room. The Lansche did better oomph and stage on the first record. Then it sounded to have similar oomph and stage. The devore had many more differences making me feel more you are there. Overall I would take the 20k Lansche over a Wilson, Magico, and such. You can play it with a nice jadis or sorts.
At CES show, they drove Lansche with SS amp to get more dynamics.

But if driven by SET amp, Lanshce give palpable presence.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Congratulations! I wish for your grandson to have a happy and healthy life :)

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Oh wow, congrats on the new baby! Or as we like to say in here, a new boo boo cake

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
My daughter will have baby delivered pretty soon ( in two hours).

I am going to be 60 years young grandfather.

Thus I am awake until I get the news.

Recently I am in audio heaven.

Raal Sr1a headphone driven by Schitt Jotuheim R give very musical sound with fast and open transients.

Lansche 4.1 augmented by two 18 inch Scaena subwoofer give very dynamic sound upon solid bass.

A little late, but Congratulations on the Grandchild !!
Grandkids are the reason we don’t kill our own.. lol ! I keep telling my son that..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing