Why is it that,

racerxnet

Apr 30, 2014
So many people on the internet can just abandon all common courtesy when discussing a topic. I see on another audio site that certain people continually denigrate others that do not follow their line of thought. It is troubling that the moderator allows these individuals to continue posting in the most offensive way. Calling someone an a$$hole, retard or other name has never won over a friend. The site has allowed this for many months, and I am glad that WBF seems to have a better and more balanced approach of topics. Maybe I am just being sensitive, but the attacks on others are uncalled for. Sorry if this has been discussed before.

MAK

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Gosh, where does one start?
This is a hobby that has particular personal resonance w/individuals, maybe more than a lot of other pastimes - I mean that moment when the music gels on our systems.
Big amounts of cash spent, and even bigger egos.
People who are totally personable face to face just become alley cats online.
The anonymity of the internet allows the dropping of social barriers.
The clash of borderline psychotic/antisocial/sociopathic personalities.
God help us when we get those criticisms of our choices from outside, they're even more important than our kids!!!

If we all met at a convention, or social club or musical get together, a lot of this heat would not be generated.

And if you disagree w/this, grrrrr!...

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
So many people on the internet can just abandon all common courtesy when discussing a topic. I see on another audio site that certain people continually denigrate others that do not follow their line of thought. It is troubling that the moderator allows these individuals to continue posting in the most offensive way. Calling someone an a$$hole, retard or other name has never won over a friend. The site has allowed this for many months, and I am glad that WBF seems to have a better and more balanced approach of topics. Maybe I am just being sensitive, but the attacks on others are uncalled for. Sorry if this has been discussed before.

MAK
Well said MAK. We can disagree, and even strongly so. But using foul language and direct insults is not something that has a place among adults. Self-restraint is a hard thing to do in the moment but is required if we are not to embarrass ourselves in a public forum indexed by Google for the world to see, not just now, but for eternity.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
You can sue the people who made allusion to another person as stupid, or retard...or even better...you don't go to forums with mods who promote one of the most despicable low grade of human behavior on social platforms, including audio forums. ...Can we?

Jeez, being a member of such places put us on the very same low level as the rest. Encouraging the vice, the lies, the deceptions, the dehumanization by being a member of them places is low low low low low low extremely low on the human scale of life values. ...Might as well have been born as a zombie sucking blood eater.

* By the way MAK, which audio forum(s) were you referring to? ;-) ...Just post it inside SPOILER brackets.

taters

Jun 6, 2012

MAK

I have to admit. I am very curious what website you are talking about. The sites I know don't put up with that kind of behavior. Please let me know who you are talking about. "Inquiring minds want to know"

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
This is why whenever I post I ask myself, would I say this to someone face to face. This world is to full of negativity to drag it here. If someone does not agree with your line of thinking, agree to disagree and move on.
I now lose interest after about 4 pages of beating the same subject to death year after year, page after page.
Trying to word the same debate differently to somehow make it seem new or different.
Just witnessed the total unwind if another site that I have been part of daily for 10 years and it's down to about 5 guys that banded together and just shred everyone else for no apparent reason. A great resource has turned into crap and I don't go there anymore.
If you catch yourself hell bent on proving you point, stop, delete and put on some music and relax a bit, that's ultimately why we are in this hobby right?
Changing someone's audio preferences is like trying to change ones political preferences, it is not going to happen.
A monumental waste of time and energy that could be used to do something more productive.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing