Why No Love For DynAudio Speakers?

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I was just wondering why DynAudio Speakers are not mentioned much by audiophiles.
Mine are custom cabinets and crossovers, but still use DynAudio drivers. IIRC they are the D21A tweeters, D54 midrange, and MW106 mid woofers.
The speakers throw a vast soundstage,pin point imaging and are very coherent. I do use them as satellites with subwoofers.
I noticed the other day that DynAudio makes a top of the line speaker and has a asking price near 200k.
For that much money they have to..I would think perform pretty well. 339E97B6-CB8F-49F7-8608-C07000BAA5BE.jpeg 92EC85EE-3AB3-4C10-B477-BB7648E7DEA3.png

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
They are not more expensive than many others.
And they also have models that cost below $85,000/pair US.

DynAudio like any other brand of speakers have their fans.
Some of their tweeters are among the best and preferred by some acolytes.
Some of their models measure very well, and perform even better than what they measure.

Reactions: RogerD

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
They had some success about 15-20 years ago and then they kind of disappeared from the scene. Not sure why maybe marketing, reviews, customer awareness, etc. but some speakers just don't get traction in the US high-end markets. JBL is another example and it's a domestic product. I know in the older times the audio rags had something to do with it but I don't think reviews matter that much today.

david

Reactions: RogerD

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing