Wilson Audio DAW speakers: looking for advices

renatoab

Jul 8, 2013
Hi,

The picture I added to this post is my current audio/home theater system. I’m owner of Sasha 1 speakers since 2012 and I’m very happy with them. Since the Sasha DAW’s release, however, I was considering the upgrade due to lots of reviews and interviews of Darryl Wilson showing the great advance in sound performance of the DAW comparing with my speakers. I’m negotiating with Wilson’s local dealer a trade in and it will be a large amount of money I will have to invest to get the DAW speakers (almost two times of my speakers value in this deal). I would appreciate very much some comments and advices indicating if it will be a good deal despite the DAW’s price.

Best regards,

Renato

Attachments

• 3B5ED0FC-9D80-4BC6-807A-8F9F4366A285.jpeg
    3B5ED0FC-9D80-4BC6-807A-8F9F4366A285.jpeg
    536.4 KB · Views: 77

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
For that much investment, ask your dealer to deliver and install his demo pair in your home for an in home demo for a weekend or week.
You will know pretty quickly if you believe the DAW is worth the additional $$.

Reactions: CKKeung and tima

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
For that much investment, ask your dealer to deliver and install his demo pair in your home for an in home demo for a weekend or week.
You will know pretty quickly if you believe the DAW is worth the additional $$.

Excellent advice.

And make sure the dealer does the proper Wilson setup that he is trained to do. Put tape on the floor from that so it doesn't need to be repeated if you choose to purchase.

Reactions: CKKeung and XV-1

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Exactly, your dealer has to earn his fee!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing