Wilson Audio Sabrina's now on the used market at a great value!

DevAAudio

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2018
Hello,

With the recent announcement of the new Wilson Audio SabrinaX there is a great opportunity for people to purchase the original Sabrina's at a great value. I recommend you work with your local dealers to take advantage of extended warranty and dealer installation on any pairs they may have in stock. As an authorized Wilson Audio dealer I have one pair available in Quartz with black grills, clear hardware, and upgraded diode feet. These are certified authentic and never titled. They were brought in Jan. 2020. I am located in the greater Kansas City region. Let me know if I can help. They are great speakers.

Best,
Deva

IMG_4437.jpg IMG_4422.jpg

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

DevAAudio

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2018
Our Certified Authentic and Never Titled Wilson Audio Original Sabrina's are still available! Beautiful Quartz color with black grills and clear hardware. Contact us if you are interested. See link below!:)

FDPDK

May 15, 2021
Denmark
Well one should live in the US :) how does the Tune Tots differ from Sabrinas ? i mean in soundstage and so. Am sure that Tune Tots also are great speakers.

Don Reid

VIP/Donor
Nov 14, 2020
Twice recently I auditioned Wilson Sabrinas at HiFi Buys in Atlanta while shopping for a new turntable. I found them to be white bread underwhelming compared to my DIY fully horn loaded tri-amplified horn speakers. They were polite and OK, but very much lacked the warmth, immediacy and dynamic excitement I am accustomed to at home.

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Twice recently I auditioned Wilson Sabrinas at HiFi Buys in Atlanta while shopping for a new turntable. I found them to be white bread underwhelming compared to my DIY fully horn loaded tri-amplified horn speakers. They were polite and OK, but very much lacked the warmth, immediacy and dynamic excitement I am accustomed to at home.
What speakers do you have?

Don Reid

VIP/Donor
Nov 14, 2020
My DIY speakers are a fully horn loaded system centered around AER BD3 drivers in BD Design Oris 150 horns which cover the range from 200 Hz to 8 kHz. 25 Hz quarter wave folded corner horns designed by Bill Fitzmaurice cover the bass and Fostex t900a bullet tweeters play above 8 kHz. A DEQX HDP4 preamp/DSP is the heart of the system. It provides preamp, three way digital crossover, speaker correction, room correction, time and phase correction, etc. All slopes are 96 dB/octave. The DEQX makes it possible to do things which would not be possible without it. For example with the bass horns back in the corners where they need to be and the Oris horns and bullet tweeters out in the room where they best image the acoustic centers of the woofers and the wide range drivers are separated by more than sixteen feet. The DEQX adjusts this so that their acoustic centers sound as though they are within less than 1/8 inch of each other.

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
My DIY speakers are a fully horn loaded system centered around AER BD3 drivers in BD Design Oris 150 horns which cover the range from 200 Hz to 8 kHz. 25 Hz quarter wave folded corner horns designed by Bill Fitzmaurice cover the bass and Fostex t900a bullet tweeters play above 8 kHz. A DEQX HDP4 preamp/DSP is the heart of the system. It provides preamp, three way digital crossover, speaker correction, room correction, time and phase correction, etc. All slopes are 96 dB/octave. The DEQX makes it possible to do things which would not be possible without it. For example with the bass horns back in the corners where they need to be and the Oris horns and bullet tweeters out in the room where they best image the acoustic centers of the woofers and the wide range drivers are separated by more than sixteen feet. The DEQX adjusts this so that their acoustic centers sound as though they are within less than 1/8 inch of each other.
Any pics Don Reid ?

Don Reid

VIP/Donor
Nov 14, 2020
It occurs to me the the picture I just posted might need a little explanation. The pillow on the top of the corner horn is not a pillow. It a nice pillowcase containing fifty pounds of fine white sand in a plastic inner bag. The enclosures also sits in a sand box holding one hundred pounds of the same white sand. The bass enclosures are built of baltic birch plywood. I veneered them with blonde Burmese teak veneer.

The truncated pyramid teak plywood boxes are just stands. They too are filled with sand, 105 pounds. Above the Oris horns are Fostex bullet tweeters. With the exception of threaded fasteners I salvaged almost all the all of the brass and bronze parts from a large scrap yard a few miles from my home. All my audiophile friends and I think they sound good.. They present a clear image with good front to back depth. They have remarkably flat frequency response and all the dynamic drama and other characteristics horn do well.

Last edited:

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia

Those will sound very very different from the Sabrinas!

Reactions: Scott Naylor

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Yes, at a used price, the Sabrinas would be an excellent value. would be a very good replacement for the front speakers in my family room 5.1 system

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing