Wilson Tweeters

U_J

Mar 16, 2021
Hi all, I apologise in advance if this has been discussed previously but I have searched other threads and cannot find an answer.

I would like to know is there anybody that is selling individual Wilson drivers ?

The reason for asking is that I own a pair of the Wislon Duette Mk1's that used the original soft dome tweeter and I would like to upgrade them with the improved version of the soft dome used in the later Mk2 Duettes and as I understand in most other Wilson speakers. I love the sound of my Duettes but I notice thereis a slight break up that occurs at certain frequencies which can almost be described as a harshness or just a distortion and I assume the newer driver improved on this.

The only scan speak 1 inch drivers that I can find show the improved version as a ring radiator with a phase plug but as far as I am aware this is not what Wilson use, all images that I see of the drivers just look like a standard soft dome.

I am not trying to buy a cheap alternative I am really after genuine Wilson drivers

Any help appreciated,

John

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Wilson sell them. go thru your dealer. your dealer will also test the tweeter to make sure it is damaged.

they will sell you two thou as they need to be matched to ensure the best sound quality

Reactions: tima

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Wilson does make in-house modifications to their speakers. Switching to different model tweeters may require a change to the Duette's crossovers. Shane is correct, talk to your dealer. They may tell you to sell your current pair and purchase the updated model.

U_J

Mar 16, 2021
Thanks for your replies, unfortunately the dealer I purchased my Wilsons from no whom I am friendly with longer represents the brand here in Australia, the new distributor is not interested in sourcing drivers, they are more interested in selling complete product.

I was hoping that I could find a retailer in the U.S. who would be happy to sell me drivers and ship them to Australia.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Thanks for your replies, unfortunately the dealer I purchased my Wilsons from no whom I am friendly with longer represents the brand here in Australia, the new distributor is not interested in sourcing drivers, they are more interested in selling complete product.

I was hoping that I could find a retailer in the U.S. who would be happy to sell me drivers and ship them to Australia.

Give Janson a call at the Audio Connection. Tell him Shane said to call. He will look after you.

BTW, Audio Connection/Kedcorp have been Wilson distributors for over 15 years maybe longer.

Reactions: dandylinpsst

U_J

Mar 16, 2021
Give Janson a call at the Audio Connection. Tell him Shane said to call. He will look after you.

BTW, Audio Connection/Kedcorp have been Wilson distributors for over 15 years maybe longer.
Thankyou I will give Janson a try

Reactions: XV-1

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing