Wireless remote control for STUDER A820

yjwu

Jun 28, 2011
Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
My A820 still suffered from spoolng problem and parts are in journey. I don't know whether new parts will solve it.

A few years ago I purchased a wireless remote control from eBay. It can control my A820, A807 Mk-I and A807 Mk-II.

It was a small sat-up box plugged into parallel port. Last weekend I spent some time to fit this box inside A820. The same can be done on my other A807's too. The disadvantage was that I need to order two more remotes for each recorder.

Remote itself can be tugged under A820. I had the plan in mind but need something to curve its cradle. DSC00067.JPG DSC00063.JPG

yjwu

Jun 28, 2011
Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Hello Ki:

I hide the content of the receiver behind that ugly empty PCB board. Link to A820/A807/A812/A816 follows:

https://www.teacremotes.com/revoxremotes/Studer_A807.htm

Do you have any suggestion on my spooling problem? I though I became less creative facing old problems encountered before. I was able to trace a non-working A820 to a hairline cracking of gold finger on MP-MASTER and a single AD7524 chip back on 2014 when I got my A820. I also pinned down INCORRECT RADIUS MEASUREMENT to ill-tuned tension sensor a few years ago. Now I am still looking for answer.

Why STUDER required first L/R pair of AD7524 on earlier spooning motor control board to have feedback resistance between 9.5k Ohm ~10.5k Ohm and this restriction seemed to be dropped later?

Greetings!

Yeun-Jung Wu

Last edited:
Reactions: Ki Choi

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
Hello Ki:

I hide the content of the receiver behind that ugly empty PCB board. Link to A820/A807/A812/A816 follows:

https://www.teacremotes.com/revoxremotes/Studer_A807.htm

Do you have any suggestion on my spooling problem? I though I became less creative facing old problems encountered before. I was able to trace a non-working A820 to a hairline cracking of gold finger on MP-MASTER and a single AD7524 chip back on 2014 when I got my A820. I also pinned down INCORRECT RADIUS MEASUREMENT to ill-tuned tension sensor a few years ago. Now I am still looking for answer.

Why STUDER required first L/R pair of AD7524 on earlier spooning motor control board to have feedback resistance between 9.5k Ohm ~10.5k Ohm and this restriction seemed to be dropped later?

Greetings!

Yeun-Jung Wu
Mr. Wu
I have not visited WBF in a while and didn't see your A820 spooling issue.
Send me the link.

Hope you are staying safe in Taipei.

thanks,
Ki

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing