Wiring speakers

Tatt

Aug 6, 2020
My son has an amp onkyo ht-r518 and has only 5 channels but has 9 speakers lying around
Amp states 7x130w 8 ohm also states can run a 210w 3ohm (no mention of rms) but manual also states recommended speakers 8 - 16ohm he has some pairs decent speakers mission 760i kef c40 b&w dm600i jamo g25 they are all mixed ohm rateings
Ie kefs 100w 8ohm
Mission recommended for amp 25 - 75w
B&w 100w 4ohm
Jamo 150 nom 250 peak 8ohm

He wants to run jamo (front) L+R

Kef and b&w in 1 left rear channel wired
in series

Kef and b&w in1 right rear channel wired
In series

2x mission 760 in series off centre channel he only uses his system as hifi not a cinema surround

He is asking if it will work without damaging his amp or should he wire the speakers in parrallel because of the differences in ohms on the speakers any advice views on sound quality etc he has a load of qued 25th anniversary cable been donated to him and he is trying to figure out the best way to utilise wat he has

Thanks in advance for any help

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing