Wolf Audio - What do you think?

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA
I've been looking at adding Wolf Audio Systems to our product lineup at Jaguar Audio Design. I'm certainly impressed by how well the company is run. I wonder if there are any users out there who would like to share their thoughts?

We already work with Innuos. Has anyone heard products from both and formed an impression on how they differed?

Last edited:

drrsutliff

May 6, 2013
Fleming Island, FL
I recently added the Wolf Audio Alpha 3SX server to my system. I had been using Roon on a semi dedicated desktop server in another room feeding an Ayre QX5/20 DAC through Ethernet. The Alpha3SX now resides in my rack and I am using an Audience FrontRow USB to connect from the Wolf Flux Capacitor USB Clock card (optional) to the Ayre. I have been using Roon for over 5 years so the server software was identical in both applications, but the sound performance has moved up many levels. The support from Wolf Audio has been excellent.

RobertL

Oct 19, 2021
@drrsutliff Congratulations on your WA Alpha SX3. I am trying to decide if the SX3 is suitable for my requirements and hope you can help me with it. I have a T+A SD3100HV streamer cum DAC and subscribed to Tidal and Lifetime Roon. The Roon core resides in my quad-core Intel i7 MacBook Pro. The SD3100HV and MacBook are connected to a SOtM Ethernet network switch. With the HQPlayer in Roon, I can only upsample to DSD1024 to the SD3100HV only with native DSD512 source. I have the HQPlayer on 30 days free trial. Due to limitations of the computing power of the MacBook, I can only upsample to DSD64 with the 44.1kHz Flac source. Have you try to upsample with HQPlayer in the Roon core residing in the Alpha SX3? If so, what is the max upsample DSD can you attain from the 44.1kHz Flac.
Thanks

drrsutliff

May 6, 2013
Fleming Island, FL
Hello RobertL. I have not used HQPlayer on my Wolf I cannot answer your question directly. I would suggest calling Joe at Wolf as he is also the owner of House of Stereo in Jacksonville FL and they are also dealer for T +A. I have seen the store’s Wolf Servers used to send DSD512 and I believe DSD1024 to T +A DACs but I am unsure of what was the original source. Joe is very accessible both to prospective clients and especially current owners. I believe I have the computing power and speed to undertake this operation but a direct contact would give you the specific answers you seek.
Rick

1Biblestudy#

Feb 26, 2022
That's where I am at, SD with PA T+A, but with Mark's EVO usb, and the 2020 ethernet. Speaking of Joe, he is confident that his top model is a better sounding server for about $14,000 less. Let's have a soundoff, duel at high noon.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing