World's Best Integrated Amp. ???

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Wells Audio is known as making some of the best sounding gear in the world! They just came out with their Majestic Integrated Amp. at a great price! :) The Legendary Scott Frankland known for making the Wavestream Tube Amps is making these New Majestic Integrated amps!

http://wellsaudio.com/products/integrated-ampifiers-2/majestic

One Canada Dealer, http://www.worldwidewholesales.com said he compared the Wells Audio Majestic to his $15,000 "TUBE" Reference Integrated amp!!>>Audio Valve Assistent 100 TUBE Integrated amp<< and liked the Majestic better!...he said it's the most Tube-Like he's heard with a Solid-State Integrated amp! Could this be One of the "BEST Solid-State Integrated amps" to come on the market ???

Last edited:

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I always have to chuckle when I read things such as components punching far above their weight, although I'm not saying it isn't possible. I actually think my Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl does exactly that and would love to compare it to the Wells Audio Majestic. The Pearl was $3599 when introduced in or around 2010 so a comparison would be fair given it's $3499 MSRP.

I must say I love the minimalist look of the Majestic and what's not to love about the analog volumeter. I hope this IA is a smashing success for them.

Thanks for posting this! :D

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I'd rather have my Parasound. It's less expensive, has a DAC, phono input and more output.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I looked at a lot of IA's between $3K-$5K or thereabouts, but I couldn't get away from several demo opportunities at a local dealer for the Pearl. I was completely enamored with it's sound, it's functionality, it's build quality, it's weight (yes, even that), it's aesthetic appeal (to me) and the fact this was a limited production run of only 500 units. It was designed by and for Ken Ishiwata and his 30th Anniversary with Marantz. So when the opportunity presented itself I jumped at it and haven't looked back! :D I should say however, that if it hadn't included the very fine Phono input (MM/MC) I probably would not have been as keen.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Are you pursuing this IA at all or just posting on an FYI basis?

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
I always have to chuckle when I read things such as components punching far above their weight, although I'm not saying it isn't possible

Yeah, as if some standard benchmark exist in which we could all agree?

That kind of intro has been used so, sooooooooooooo often, when I now read these type of comments, leading into the obvious subsequent reviews ... I ignore.

Thankfully, the advantage of elapsing time tends to filter out most of the initial shill.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'm not connected with this product in any way.

I have a feeling that we might just be talking about this product for many years to come!:D
I hope so too...we need more quality product at this pricepoint! :)

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
WOW! Wells Audio use Duelund Cast PIO capacitors in their amps...it doesn't get any better than that!:)

http://www.wellsaudio.com/gallery-2

Here's a close-up picture of these LARGE Duelund capacitors mounted in the rear

http://www.wellsaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/interior-Innamorata-and-Signature-004.jpg

So if I bypassed the output stage of a Bose wave radio with those caps, would it be as good? Or does the rest of the amp contribute to the sound as well?

I would like to hear more about why the rest of the amp is good as well.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
I'd rather have my Parasound. It's less expensive, has a DAC, phono input and more output.

But does it sound as good?

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
I don't as I never heard it. I know it's good enough for my decerning ears.

I think you need to hear a Hypex Ncore/Pure class A hybrid integrated with chipless DSD Dac and 100% discrete IC free signal path :) Not to compare with the Parasound, but with the Pass system.

Last edited:

Loheswaran

Dec 19, 2014
now we are talking

The Vitus SIA 025 at and comfortably above its price point.

I know many audiophiles think it sinful to have an integrated, but we live in an age of ever decreasing space and greater needs. To that end people ought to be able to get all out flagship integrateds imho.

The Vitus is one such item, Dartzeel (i am not a fan), devialet, asr emitter. Another superb bang for the buck is the one by storm audio.

I myself use and swear by the lavardin it. It was used as a technology demonstrator. The only limiting factor is 55watts output -but very load tolerant. I have heard different, but not necessarily better, unless spending silly money ie. Constellation...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing