Worthy brews of the world.

Imperial

Mar 6, 2012
Norway
I like a good brew.
Not too often but certainly I like it when I have some time off and I feel that thirst!

In Norway we have a beer connoisseur maker called Nogne o = Naked Island beer company.
This is the very best that is made in norway in larger(lager) batches.

Today I tried their Ipa called #500.

The makers words:
"When Nøgne Ø decided to make it’s 500th batch of beer, it was quickly established that the key numbers would be 5 malts, 5 hops, 10% alcohol and 100 IBUs. The result is an incredibly rich and hoppy Imperial IPA. Malty enough to be almost a barley wine, but intensely fruity, mainly because it is dry hopped with generous amounts of Nelson Sauvin hops from New Zealand.Ingredients: Malted barley, malted wheat, malted rye, malted oats, Chinook, Simcoe, Pacific Gem, Centenneal and Nelson Sauvin hops, English ale yeast and our local Grimstad water."

Now. My user name is Imperial. So I of course had to try a bottle of this superb brew!
And what I can say is that this one is fantastic!!! Very full, creamy and tasty! And super strong! But still the alcohol does not overpower the perfect double IPA that this really is!!!

Nogne O is really a world class beer maker! And this must be their best batch so far!!! Awesome!!

Now good people, do you have other brews that you feel is worthy of a mention?

Imperial.

Last edited:

Greg_R

Jan 25, 2012
Sounds good! My favorite high-IBU beers are Russian River Brewing's Pliny the Elder and Laurelwood's Imperial Red. Dogfish Head 120 is one that you might be able to get in Norway.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing