Yellowstone Season 4 Official Trailer | Paramount Network

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Finally, finally, Sunday night TV is once again filled with our favorite series
Succession
Curb Your Enthusiasm
American Rust
Dexter returns tonight

And finally season 4 of Yellowstone which is in our top 3 series to watch. Yellowstone season 3 ended with a true cliff hanger where a huge explosion could have resulted in deaths and could the character ( John Dutton) Kevin Costner be dead, shot in a car ambush

If you haven't seen Yellowstone it is one of the highest rated series on TV with everyone talkin

It is going to be a busy night tonight

Yellowstone is the highest rated drama on TV.......

Reactions: MTB Vince and rad

Steve Williams

without a doubt Yellowstone remains the most popular dramatic series on television and the first two episodes of season 3 aired 2 nights ago and I have to admit that the first episode of season 3 was without question one of the best openings in response to the cliff hanger ending to the previous season. It was like The Godfather and the St Valentine's Day massacre all in one. This is an epic series with sprawling beautiful cinematography of Montana. John Dutton is The Godfather and one thing is for certain, you don't mess with Dutton, his family or his employees. I continue to love the performance played by Kelly Reilly the British actress who plays Dutton's daughter Beth. I was amazed to see that she is paid $200K per episode and much deserved IMHO. Plus she's a drop dead "stone fox"

The other added attraction in each episode is the actual footage of some of these cow roping dudes and how skilled they are in cattle herding. This tends to lend authenticity to the show

Kevin Costner as Executive Producer has hit a real home run with this series

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
To be honest, I never heard of it, but I rarely watch TV so that probably explains it.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
This also one of my favorite shows currently available. The first several episodes of this season have been added a new dimension to some of the characters. I am enjoying it.

I have to disagree a bit with Steve on Beth Dutton (Kelly Reilly) I really dislike everything about "her character" and kind of wish they had finished her off a couple of seasons ago when the beat the crap out of her. She had a great role in the movie "Calvary" several years ago. Highly recommended.

I was surprised to learn that the actor who plays Travis the character who is a great rider and is acquiring horses for The Yellowstone is actually the creator of the series Taylor Sheridan. He also writer of Sicario, Hell of High Water and Wind River. He is a fine actor, writer and horseman.

Reactions: KeithR

Steve Williams

We all see different things in the show. To me Beth Dutton is John Dutton in dresses. Just like her dad, if you want to rumble she’s there to join in

I really liked the scene with Kace up in the mountains with his father sitting in the hot springs and talking father to sin who they are going to kill next. John and Kace have a very good father son relationship :eek:

and the show’s creator who plays Travis can really ride horses

Reactions: MTB Vince

scot

Jan 4, 2018
I agree, the first four episodes of Yellowstone, season four was just awesome. I cannot wait for the next episode to see what happens. Who ever cast Kelly Reilly as Beth Dutton was a genius. I couldn’t imagine any other actress doing a better job. Wouldn’t want to piss off Cole Hauser who plays Rip Wheeler. I was sorry to see they killed off Josh Holloway ‘s character. He played Roarke Carter. He was in a series called Colony that I really liked that apparently no one else liked, it got canceled after the 3rd season. Take care.

Best regards
Scot

Reactions: MTB Vince

Steve Williams

Yellowstone has been our favorite series over these past 3 seasons. This most recent episode I thought was terrific as John Dutton pulls off another coup as he and son Jamie have a common goal and John finds a way to win once again. He almost reminds me of Logan Roy in Succession who always finds a way out of. a bad situation

The cinematography of Yellowstone is award winning. Even the commercials on Yellowstone are all related to the show itself. Watching these cowboys with their well trained horses is not ad lib but actually filmed with them roping the cattle etc.

This is really a story of epic proportions in the beautiful state of Montana. For those who don't watch because they don't like Kevin Costner, I say have a look as IMO he has hit a home run as executive producer of this show.

For my eyes the star of the show is daughter Beth who plays the roll superbly and should be nominated for her work

She is indeed a "stone fox"

Reactions: PeterA

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Yellowstone has been our favorite series over these past 3 seasons. This most recent episode I thought was terrific as John Dutton pulls off another coup as he and son Jamie have a common goal and John finds a way to win once again. He almost reminds me of Logan Roy in Succession who always finds a way out of. a bad situation

The cinematography of Yellowstone is award winning. Even the commercials on Yellowstone are all related to the show itself. Watching these cowboys with their well trained horses is not ad lib but actually filmed with them roping the cattle etc.

This is really a story of epic proportions in the beautiful state of Montana. For those who don't watch because they don't like Kevin Costner, I say have a look as IMO he has hit a home run as executive producer of this show.

For my eyes the star of the show is daughter Beth who plays the roll superbly and should be nominated for her work

She is indeed a "stone fox"

We love the show Steve, and wait anxiously for each episode. We binged the first few seasons and alas are now caught up. Beth is fantastic, so is Kevin Costner. I love the filming, and must say that this show resonates with a large swath of the country. There are lots of good life lessons here.

scot

Jan 4, 2018
Hi Steve

I couldn’t agree with you more regarding Yellowstone. Certainly one of my favorite shows. I don’t know if you watched it in 2019 there was a tv show, developed by Taylor Sheridan, called the Last Cowboy. This show was about some of the best competitive trainers and riders in the fierce sport of horse reining. Reining is a sport we’re extremely skilled riders compete in various disciplines such as cattle roping, riding very fast and making the horse come to a sliding stop, turning in place very quickly and making the horse stop on a dime and other difficult riding skills. These skills were featured in one of the previous episodes of Yellowstone this season. Those riders you saw in Yellowstone were some of the actual highly skilled riders who competed in the million dollar prize in the Last Cowboy. I can’t wait to see the next episode each week.

I also agree that the daughter of John Dutton, Beth and Kevin Costner we’re perfectly cast in their roles. The two of them make the whole show. The cinematography is some of the best you will ever see. Truly a unique tv show. Enjoy.

Best regards
Scot

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Hi Scot. Yes I am aware of the cowboys in the show. Even their commercials are fabulous.
and yes Beth is my favorite. How she is still alive after a bad beating only to get blown up. You don’t want to mess with her. She does reveal her softness when she takes in “the boy” only to turn on him but takes him back only if he can make promises he can keep with her

fabulous show

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
To me Beth Dutton is John Dutton in dresses.
Beth? She is definitely "one of a kind".

Good evening to you, Steve! I did not like her character AT ALL when I first started watching. Now that a few seasons have gone by and you understand why she is the way she is? She has actually evolved into one of my favorite characters on the show (of which there are many).

I don't watch much TV at all but this is one show that the wife and I will always make time for. We make a date night out of it and always look forward to new episodes. Last season's cliffhanger was one for the books!

Looking VERY forward to the spinoff "1883".

Tom

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Tom

i totally agree. This is one show my wife and I always watch together. It is the best cinematography I have ever seen on television. The beauty and majesty of the land is portrayed and becomes essential to understand why everyone is fighting for that land

Also 1883 starts shortly at it too is by Taylor Sheridan and is a Yellowstone prequel with some very good actors

Reactions: treitz3 and Audire

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
In my mind this has been the best season of Yellowstone so far. I am enjoying how they are expanding the storyline with Jimmy at the 6666 and how they are actually getting into the ranching aspect and why it appeals to these people.

I still dislike Beth and wish they had finished her off when the had chances in earlier seasons.

Yep, the show my wife and I most look forward to each week.

As far as Succession goes, I gave up on that a couple of weeks ago. The show jumped the shark and this season was the worst friggen dialogue and writing one could imagine. They make the Dumb and Dumber characters look like Mensa members.

Steve Williams

Anyone watch last night's episode. The opening sequence prior to the Introductions was uncanny . For a few minutes we wondered if we were watching 1883 (which perhaps we were)

The episode wasn't great but very satisfying as it had good character development. It kept us informed of Jimmy at the 6666, we find development between Kace and his wife as well as Jamie and his true father. What I thought a sense of where the show is headed is between Beth, Rip and the "kid" who now has a name as does the dog Kace and his son have. Some history of John Dutton and his parents was also revealed.

Taylor Sheridan has an amazing mind to pump out these stories but more than anything I have had a desire to visit the state with my family. It is incredibly beautiful

Steve Williams

Well season 4 comes to an end and what another great ending which reinforced to me how very much Beth loves her father and how very similar minded she is

Beth goes all in and brings to a head the solving of The Who dunnit in ordering the hit on John Dutton and his family. She truly has brass cajones and this episode reinforces the back story between Beth and Jamie. This episode has it all, comedy, drama and a phenomenal season cliff hanger with Jamie choosing option number three which changes forever his life

MTB Vince

May 11, 2019
Dundas, ON Canada
It was an unexpectedly great ending @Steve Williams. After episode nine I really wondered how the writers would tie things up in a satisfying way for the season-ender. Once again they certainly managed it though. I remain thoroughly hooked by this show!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing