Yet another footer thread. Magico S7: IsoAcoustics GAIA Theis or SPods?

owen lawlor

Jul 30, 2010
Have some S7s coming and need to make foot/spike decisions. Anyone running big Magicos with IsoAcoustics GAIA? Not sold on the whole footer thing but have it on good word the GAIA works well with Magicos and of course for a lot less than the SPods. Wood flooring and would like to be able to slide them around the floor for optimum placement. A bit concerned about imaging too as the speaker would be about 1 1/2 inch higher on the GAIA TITAN THEIS or GAIA TITAN RHEA which my dealer is recommending. gaia.png

owen lawlor

Jul 30, 2010
BUMP...anyone? found this last night. WOW

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Congrats on the S7s, Owen. I have never tried the Gaia's so can't really help there. I do own their component footers but do not like their effect in my system. So based on that, if it were me, I'd go for SPods...

Reactions: exupgh12

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
BUMP...anyone? found this last night. WOW

I can't personally speak on their GAIA footers.

However, I can speak to the Orea footers, which supposedly share the same technology as the GAIA. Just for a different application.

I went in skeptical but, was SO impressed that later this year I will invest in the GAIA II footers for my speakers.

Furthermore, Magico like Iso-Acoustics also posts measurement and specifications on their technology.

That being, Iso-Acoustics has a patent for their products.

The question, is go with the matching synergy of the Magico footers or try the Iso.

If you are based in the United States, perhaps try the Cable Company and see if they have those GAIAA footers (at that size) in their cable library.

Reactions: owen lawlor

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
I have used Gaia’s under my Sasha 2’s for a while now, also on an upstairs suspended timber floor and were an improvement over the standard Wilson spikes. Cannot comment on Magico, but don’t believe the isolators know what speaker they are supporting haha...
As usual, you may be paying a large premium “for the name”

owen lawlor

Jul 30, 2010
Congrats on the S7s, Owen. I have never tried the Gaia's so can't really help there. I do own their component footers but do not like their effect in my system. So based on that, if it were me, I'd go for SPods...
Thanks Ian. I couldn't help myself after hearing their effect in that video and ordered a set. If they don't work out I'll be ordering either the Center Stage or MPod 8s which are the ones spec'd for S7 at $8400, roughly 4x as expensive. Cheers!

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Thanks Ian. I couldn't help myself after hearing their effect in that video and ordered a set. If they don't work out I'll be ordering either the Center Stage or MPod 8s which are the ones spec'd for S7 at $8400, roughly 4x as expensive. Cheers!
Yikes, $8400 is expensive! I have A5s on spikes and recently thought about SPods (APods?) but haven't priced them yet.

Let us know what you think of the Gaia's!

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
Have some S7s coming and need to make foot/spike decisions. Anyone running big Magicos with IsoAcoustics GAIA? Not sold on the whole footer thing but have it on good word the GAIA works well with Magicos and of course for a lot less than the SPods. Wood flooring and would like to be able to slide them around the floor for optimum placement. A bit concerned about imaging too as the speaker would be about 1 1/2 inch higher on the GAIA TITAN THEIS or GAIA TITAN RHEA which my dealer is recommending.
I have Gaias under my 95 kg Avantgarde speakers and find them a big improvement over ealier spikes and other feet. My floor is oak boards on screed on concrete.

However Gaias are very "sticky" so don't expect to be able to slide your speakers. Ideally you should carefully decide on their placement before fitting them. However there's a trick to moving speakers once fitted with Gaias. Take a look here and go to 3min 50 -
. A 2-person job with your speakers, but easy enough!

Another Gaia tip - don't use either of the supplied nuts to secure the footers to the threads. They are a real fiddle to tighten and are pretty flimsy. Then the trouble is it's unlikely the IsoAcoustic logos will face forward as they should. The clever solution is to use a couple of stainless spring washers in place of the nuts. This allows you to tighten up against a load without reaching a sudden stop. Additionally you save several mm of height too. Here's a suitable M8 washer - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A4-MARIN...885538?hash=item2f414ad2a2:g:li4AAOSwzAxejNB2.

Peter

cjf

Nov 19, 2012
Does Magico let you swap the feet on their speakers now?

Some clown at Magico decided to permanently attach the spikes to the S3's out-riggers (At least the MKI's) and they cant be removed without getting mid-evil on them and causing likely damage in the process. I guess in Magico's world everyone has concrete floors...Very aggravating

Anyway, if you can swap the spike nowadays and you have raised wooden floors I'm pretty sure its only going to improve things no matter what brand you pick...IMO. I had to settle on Herbie's Pucks for mine but even they are better than the bare spike was.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Love my SPODs on my S5. However, I only compared them to the stock spikes the S5 come with.

owen lawlor

Jul 30, 2010
Does Magico let you swap the feet on their speakers now?

Some clown at Magico decided to permanently attach the spikes to the S3's out-riggers (At least the MKI's) and they cant be removed without getting mid-evil on them and causing likely damage in the process. I guess in Magico's world everyone has concrete floors...Very aggravating

Anyway, if you can swap the spike nowadays and you have raised wooden floors I'm pretty sure its only going to improve things no matter what brand you pick...IMO. I had to settle on Herbie's Pucks for mine but even they are better than the bare spike was.
Indeed they do. I far preferred the outriggers because (along with the flat top) make it much, much easier to level the speakers. That being said, I'm considering tilting the speakers down by raising the rear isoacoustics feet because they will be raised almost 3 inches and the S7 is already having a higher midrange compared to my previous S5Mk2's.

owen lawlor

Jul 30, 2010
I have Gaias under my 95 kg Avantgarde speakers and find them a big improvement over ealier spikes and other feet. My floor is oak boards on screed on concrete.

However Gaias are very "sticky" so don't expect to be able to slide your speakers. Ideally you should carefully decide on their placement before fitting them. However there's a trick to moving speakers once fitted with Gaias. Take a look here and go to 3min 50 -
. A 2-person job with your speakers, but easy enough!

Another Gaia tip - don't use either of the supplied nuts to secure the footers to the threads. They are a real fiddle to tighten and are pretty flimsy. Then the trouble is it's unlikely the IsoAcoustic logos will face forward as they should. The clever solution is to use a couple of stainless spring washers in place of the nuts. This allows you to tighten up against a load without reaching a sudden stop. Additionally you save several mm of height too. Here's a suitable M8 washer - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A4-MARIN...885538?hash=item2f414ad2a2:g:li4AAOSwzAxejNB2.

Peter
Just read your earlier Gaia thread and like the idea of using different washers. I was considering getting some sheets of felt and leaving them under the feet for the time being. Some come with sticky backs which would be cool but that video you linked seems to indicate that they are designed to contact the floor directly. This flies in the face of my nature to ceaselessly tweak and experiment with speaker positioning ;^)

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
Just read your earlier Gaia thread and like the idea of using different washers. I was considering getting some sheets of felt and leaving them under the feet for the time being. Some come with sticky backs which would be cool but that video you linked seems to indicate that they are designed to contact the floor directly. This flies in the face of my nature to ceaselessly tweak and experiment with speaker positioning ;^)
An alternative to the wavy washers I suggested earlier as replacements for the supplied nuts, you could use M8 neoprene washers. Available on Ebay in black or clear. Both would do what's needed - to have the Gaias firmley done up but still alow adjustment so the logo faces forward as IsoAcoustic recommends.

owen lawlor

Jul 30, 2010
An alternative to the wavy washers I suggested earlier as replacements for the supplied nuts, you could use M8 neoprene washers. Available on Ebay in black or clear. Both would do what's needed - to have the Gaias firmley done up but still alow adjustment so the logo faces forward as IsoAcoustic recommends.
AHHHHHH... I see what you're recommending, Hear Here. Makes a lot of sense. Will try and find some that fit my 1/2 inch 13 thread size.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
CenterStage?

Gardener

Sep 23, 2017
I have S7s Owen , why not try them first with they're original footers ?

I have never found a reason to upgrade . Whatever great speakers

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
I used the 1/2"-13 felt washers on my Revels.
That's a third alternative to the rather unsatisfactory skinny nuts that IsoAcoustic supply. All provide a soft landing for the Gaias so they can be screwed against the resistance of spring wavy washers, neoprene washers or felt washers until the logo is facing forwards. And all these alternatives allow a reduced speaker height increase compared with the fiddly nuts.

DeYoung

VIP/Donor
Feb 20, 2019
KY
Congrats on the S7's...'Im enjoying a pair with the Mpods. They do make a dramatic improvement over the stock feet.
Btw ..what color and finish did you decide on?

owen lawlor

Jul 30, 2010
Congrats on the S7's...'Im enjoying a pair with the Mpods. They do make a dramatic improvement over the stock feet.
Btw ..what color and finish did you decide on?
Hey DeYoung - went with MCoat Black. Fits well in any decor. Wife tends to complain less, then all is good...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing