Your Favorite Audio Engineers

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
Stan Ricker, Steve Wilson, Steve Hoffman, Kevin Gray, Bob Ludwig come to mind.

What are yours?

Last edited:

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Jim Anderson comes to mind, not just for his work with Patricia Barber but with Benny Green and many, many others.

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Rudy Van Gelder Rudy Van Gelder Rudy Van Gelder :)

Reactions: rsorren1 and tsaett

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Rudy Van Gelder Rudy Van Gelder Rudy Van Gelder :)

I appreciate a lot many of his recordings - I have been listening to Out to Lunch a few days ago in the Soundlab´s - but he is one of the more debated recording engineers in forums - and not just for his endorsement of the digital media!

Reactions: amadeus

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
Robert Carranza, recording engineer for Jack Johnson. Don’t know his other works, but I looked Him up after hearing a few of JJ albums. Great sounding recordings, IMO.

I always thought the original “West Side Story” with Leonard Bernstein, was a great recording effort, don’t know the names of the recording engineers.

Frank Sinatra, Sam Cooke, Ray Charles used Al Schmitt who was considered one of the best non classical recording engineers back in the day.

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
add Al schmidt and Bob Clearmountain

dschondo

Aug 13, 2019
I appreciate a lot many of his recordings - I have been listening to Out to Lunch a few days ago in the Soundlab´s - but he is one of the more debated recording engineers in forums - and not just for his endorsement of the digital media!
Same here. I think he has recorded some of the most incredible music of the 1960s establishing an emblematic sound. Part of this sound is a rather unnatural sounding piano. I loved that sound at first – I got to know the music of that era through his recordings and this sound was the sound of the era for me. By now I wish I could hear some of this music with a more natural sounding piano.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing