Your preferred playback method

How are you playing the sound from Blu-Ray discs?

• Total voters

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
How are you all playing back the audio from your Blu-Ray discs?

1. HDMI with decoding in the processor/receiver
2. HDMI with decoding to PCM in the player
3. Analog output from the player

Lee

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
Same player, same approach. If I were to replace the gear today, I'd probably get an Oppo and decode in the AVR.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I don't have a BDP that accepts Analogue inputs but that is what I would use. I used analogue for SACD with my former Oppo player and preferred it.

John

Ron

Jul 2, 2010
I'm using the analog outputs from the Denon DVD3800BDCI.

Lee

I have the Denon Blu Ray 3800bdci also. I use to use the analog outs to my Primare SP31.7. That was the only way possible. Now with the McIntosh MX150, I use the hdmi cable, so the processor does the decoding.

Mark (Basspig) Weiss

Aug 3, 2010
New Milford, CT
www.basspig.com
Using analog outs on my players. My audio gear is mostly 2-channel. My C LS & RS go direct to the loudspeaker manager for those channels/amps. Eventually, I'd like to route them to my mixing desk, and then I can set up any 6 or 8 channel mix and route it to any speakers in the theater. Presently, only my two Oppo players can feed all the channels.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
My HT setup is still 2CH, I have a 100inch screen with a Runco 1080p projector feeded from my Oppo BR player that also serves me as CD transport.

naturephoto1

May 24, 2010
Breinigsville, PA
www.nelridge.com
For my system with my Oppo 83SE NuForce Edition I play bitrate from the player to the Onkyo Pre/Pro 885 Processor through HDMI. However for 2 channel listening I run the output via Coax to my Lavry DA10 DAC (I also have a CD transport for Redbook CD going to the DAC) which goes to my ARC LS10 Linestage Preamp. Additionally, for multichannel SACD and DVD-A I run 6 analog cables out from the Oppo/Nuforce unit to the Onkyo Pre/Pro.

Rich

DWR

Jul 26, 2010
Western burbs of Detroit
I use the analog outputs from my Oppo 83SE to a Rotel 1068 prepro which does not have HDMI capability, for multi channel. For 2 channel the 83SE has the Modwright tube modification running through Audioquest cables to my Conrad Johnson PV-14L preamp.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing