ZELLATON LEGACY

TechnicalPie

Aug 24, 2019
ZELLATON Audio is almost 90 years old!
The advantages of the LEGACY include fantastic speed and dynamics of sound, unrivaled musicality and unforgettable appearance!
Let's listen and admire them!

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 30
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 30

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
If I were to change speakers Zellaton would be on my very short list to consider.

Don't you miss the 90's? Remember when B&W had the silver signatures for $8k and everyone was like "What! $8k for a 2 way?"

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
If I were to change speakers Zellaton would be on my very short list to consider.

Don't you miss the 90's? Remember when B&W had the silver signatures for $8k and everyone was like "What! $8k for a 2 way?"

Ah yes thoroughly enjoyed my time with the SS's--apart from the fact the Welsh Slate stands glue failed :(plus the fragile silver cabling prone to breakage :rolleyes: nevertheless it was a magical speaker and deserving as John Bowers last masterwork.

Pity the B+W outfit today's offerings seem to have lost the plot.

BruceD

TechnicalPie

Aug 24, 2019

Sometimes I miss)
Wellaton are fantastic speakers!
Very fast in the entire frequency range !!
Some my photos)

Attachments

• 13 — ?????.JPG
    13 — ?????.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 10

TechnicalPie

Aug 24, 2019
Zellaton Legacy)

Attachments

• 4 — ?????.JPG
    4 — ?????.JPG
    637.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 2 — ?????.JPG
    2 — ?????.JPG
    596.6 KB · Views: 10

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
ZELLATON Audio is almost 90 years old!
The advantages of the LEGACY include fantastic speed and dynamics of sound, unrivaled musicality and unforgettable appearance!
Let's listen and admire them!

Welcome to WBF, TechnicalPie.

The Hyperbole Police have asked me to bring you in for questioning.

When you say these stand-mounted speakers have "unrivaled musicality," you are declaring that their musicality is not rivaled even by, at the very least, larger Zellaton speakers?

Reactions: the sound of Tao

TechnicalPie

Aug 24, 2019
The Hyperbole Police have asked me to bring you in for questioning.

When you say these stand-mounted speakers have "unrivaled musicality," you are declaring that their musicality is not rivaled even by, at the very least, larger Zellaton speakers?
I meant that despite their size, the musicality of these speakers is very close to the top speakers from Zellaton!
Well, among compact monitors, they are (in my opinion) one of the best! And in a room of the right size, Legacy will sound great! Speakers are very sensitive to position in the room and the angle of the turn to the listener!

Reactions: Ron Resnick

TechnicalPie

Aug 24, 2019
They played in this system:

Attachments

• DSC_7859 — ?????.JPG
    DSC_7859 — ?????.JPG
    807.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_7888 — ?????.JPG
    DSC_7888 — ?????.JPG
    778.2 KB · Views: 37

Skanda

May 2, 2020
i've heard these before, stunning sound - classic 2 way airiness great detail, light in the bass, but more than expected as there is a radiator in the back if i remember correctly. i love the zellaton sound but boy are they expensive and they take a HOSING in resale.

@TechnicalPie have you heard the new plural evo? wondering what you think of their new driver vs. the silver zellaton driver

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing