Zero Distortion: Tango Time

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Instead I have stay at home until 20 April for now but sure will
Postpone
Really disaster in Italy,I don’t know economy,sure will die many many company also

Cellindo

Oct 28, 2018
France
Yes, I love visiting Italy for holidays. Enjoying the people, food and sometimes a bit of wine too. My last trip was in Sicily Marsala laguna for kitesurf (last October). Very friendly Sicilian habitants !!!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Attachments

• A1B101B1-AD7C-4B62-ACF9-F54BA2B6ABBC.jpeg
    A1B101B1-AD7C-4B62-ACF9-F54BA2B6ABBC.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 22

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Many music on youtube sound better than on vinyls. And I have just heard a sound clip of Billie Eilish in a suppose to be new audio technology. That thing sounds interestingly great. It was like you in a club walking around hearing her in 8D. (Bonz if you could post that clip I sent you. I dont know how.) Amazing what technology can do. Vinyl is forever but digital is the inevitable.

Reactions: PeterA

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
That can't be saved and uploaded

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Many music on youtube sound better than on vinyls. And I have just heard a sound clip of Billie Eilish in a suppose to be new audio technology. That thing sounds interestingly great. It was like you in a club walking around hearing her in 8D. (Bonz if you could post that clip I sent you. I dont know how.) Amazing what technology can do. Vinyl is forever but digital is the inevitable.
You are scaring me Tang ,you need some time with your main system
again :eek:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

let's at least have a link or clear description of a specific youtube cut?

"new audio technology' is more than likely some sort of tricky phase thing......or digital expander.....maybe 'Q' sound. unlikely any kind of different audio format, since our digital tools would not be able to play it.

i can tell you Billie's 24/48 Qobuz recordings sound fantastic on my system. nothing technically different, just a really well executed music recording.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Just kidding, i just watched Al Di Meola streamed live from his house. It sounded great on my main system.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
let's at least have a link or clear description of a specific youtube cut?

"new audio technology' is more than likely some sort of tricky phase thing......or digital expander.....maybe 'Q' sound. unlikely any kind of different audio format, since our digital tools would not be able to play it.

i can tell you Billie's 24/48 Qobuz recordings sound fantastic on my system. nothing technically different, just a really well executed music recording.
My comment was in two different issues Mike. The first part about youtube is not related to the second part about the sound clip of Billie's Ilomilo that I mentioned "new audio technology." I cannot verify what it actually is. Could be just a normal digital recording as you said but I never heard it before. The clip is flying around social network. Gian also said he heard it from his son. It sounds impressive if you dont think much and start doing the audiophile critical listening things. Should sound surreal with your double twin towers.

However if you talk about a sample of better music from youtube than vinyl here is one. I also have two different vinyl pressings of this but they sonically and emotionally sound inferior to youtube.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I think that it has to do with the overall low resolution of the youtube playback chain and the fact that you're researching than listening for the missing information to become bothersome. I've had the same experience with many CDs I bought based on the compressed sample digital files to find them unlistenable and the recording horrible. Often we can't discern the poor recording quality of the medium from online sample files. Going back to Youtube our visual sense come into play enhancing or complimenting the auditory sense.

david

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Tang I think you are talking about 8D sound that is going around. Very millennial naming to start with and an awful one. The tech sound like a lesser version of binaural type sound and more like ambiophonics. It is lesser as the recording itself is not made to sound that way but they use some kind of phasing and create a pseudo surround effect on pre-existing tracks which opens up a lot of other possibilities. Youth is already on their headphones and these kind of technologies work best with total separation of R and L signals. Personally I am wondering what people like Chesky or the pioneers who started the actual tech for real in 70's think. There is now something out there which is not half as good but is more popular than all that has been done before. The key must be being able to apply to pre-existing music.

I am surprised to see that people here like Tang or Gian have not experienced actual binaural or ambiophonic sound, that must be the reason why you are effected by this. Please check; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_recording

Reactions: bonzo75

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Today is my best day since the start of this year. Recently I bought and donated this ventitalor to one of a corvid hospital. The hospital sent me picture of the machine being used on a patient right now. This feels really freakin good. :)

AFFBFC32-447B-4913-91D4-A291BE24E2AE.jpeg

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Bravo Tang!!! very generous of you, it feels really nice to assist life.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
The nerd in me can tell from both screens that your patient not doing too bad, Tang. Nice one
It could be just a nurse on the bed with emoji covering her face and the doc took the pic and sent to make me feel good. :p

Anyway. Many people here do their part and try to prevent the incident of not having enough ventilators here when needed.

Look at this graph. Docs here are doing superb job. The red graph is the number of corvid patient still in hospital. The green one represents the number of patients cured and gone back home. I am very happy seeing this.

1586931601554.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing