Zero Distortion: Tango Time

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Sitting waiting to go to Germany after the pandemic is over. It looks lovely in the corner.:( The CND dollar took a shit kicking too! So not much going my way.
Im going to try to cross the border tomorrow ..
Pick up my 2 tape recorders and mastertape copies.
I ve got my bills with me and if the police stops me , ill just say i have a recordingstudio and its essential travel ,lol.

Reactions: hogen and pcosta

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
This Glenn Gould Bach Goldberg Variations album is pretty good. I was reading market report and playing this album in my office. The dynamic and energy from piano strikes kept stealing away my attention from what I was reading. Try multitasking something while playing this album, very so often you will pause yourself and twitch your head to listen to the piano. A lot of presence. No black background here. I like doing thing with light on. ;) The recording could be better if the air is a little more see through.

7F8C9160-B87F-4883-AD5B-F64BAFB1C668.jpeg

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
You Glenn Gould recorded this twice
it was given to me as a twenty first birthday present by my best friend at University

his technique is very suited to contrapuntal music
try and get copy of film called Glenn Gould thirty two easy pieces which was also a soundtrack and compilation of documentaries about Gould and often his playing he even had his own music show !

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
You Glenn Gould recorded this twice
it was given to me as a twenty first birthday present by my best friend at University

his technique is very suited to contrapuntal music
try and get copy of film called Glenn Gould thirty two easy pieces which was also a soundtrack and compilation of documentaries about Gould and often his playing he even had his own music show !
What is contrapuntal music. Is it like two violins play different melody at the same time?

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
This Glenn Gould Bach Goldberg Variations album is pretty good. I was reading market report and playing this album in my office. The dynamic and energy from piano strikes kept stealing away my attention from what I was reading. Try multitasking something while playing this album, very so often you will pause yourself and twitch your head to listen to the piano. A lot of presence. No black background here. I like doing thing with light on. ;) The recording could be better if the air is a little more see through.

View attachment 64836

Nice to see you around Tang. Ordered a copy, sounds fun to me.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Nice to see you around Tang. Ordered a copy, sounds fun to me.
Thank you Folsom. I am back working at my office now. We are down to just 1 additional infected person per day. New cases seem to only come from people migrating back from abroad who were forced to be under quarantined for 14 day under assigned facilities.

My basshorns are sitting in a warehouse. Ralph is unable to fly here and install for me because of flying in restriction. I will have to install them myself having Ralph supervise over Zoom or something. I have been working a lot during this Covid. Surprisingly I have been selling very well and had the record breaking monthly sales last month. My brother said I should remain working from home.

Music is still very good in the room.

Tang :)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Just an update. It took the whole day just to carry these horns up to my office on third fl. Some time I just wonder what have I gotten myself into. :rolleyes:

350159B8-A6A1-4C98-8006-9037E41ADC6E.jpeg

The guy in the pic isnt me. He is a race car engineer whom I asked to assemble the horns for me. I had his pit crew do the heavy lifting. The designer of my speaker couldn't come due to covid restriction. But That's ok. The Thais can do it better. ;)

Everything is still unplugged.

Tang

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Brings new meaning to "trouser-cuff flapping bass".

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Reactions: PeterA

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Dear Tang,

very exciting stuff. can't wait to read about your discovery process......for not only these new basshorns, but all your other new toys that have been waiting for you. and that we have all been waiting patiently to hear about.:)

Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: Tango

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Nothing does what you described better than Magico Subs Marc.
Oh, just your new friend, Tang. He's taken his trousers off Lol.
Me and subs? 12 years of love/hate (or is that more, hate/despise) relationship w my Zus subs finally sorted a week ago.
I'll raise a glass to you that you get yrs sorted in 12mins or 12hrs, and not 12 yrs...

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Now everyone can see how big a horn has to be to actually be a horn that reaches into actual bass territory horn loaded! So big the hood ordainment is an actual race car driver.

Looks like you got room on top for tri-ML-3 amping per speaker. Actually maybe just a custom super wide Nothing rack over the back?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Dear Tang,

Are these the same model of basshorns as audioquattr just installed (but with the pieces pushed together instead of separated)?

HughP3

VIP/Donor
Apr 25, 2019
That is a “wow” picture! Zeus size

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Dear Tang,

Are these the same model of basshorns as audioquattr just installed (but with the pieces pushed together instead of separated)?
Yes, Sir.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Oh, just your new friend, Tang. He's taken his trousers off Lol.
Me and subs? 12 years of love/hate (or is that more, hate/despise) relationship w my Zus subs finally sorted a week ago.
I'll raise a glass to you that you get yrs sorted in 12mins or 12hrs, and not 12 yrs...
If I cant get them to work I just turn the things off and have a few motor show girls come dance on them Marc. First time I saw, I was thinking of pole dancing stage.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing