Zero Distortion: Vyger

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Having heard it in around 10 systems over 4 years, and having visited the factory, my thoughts.

Coming out of slumber, many articles were in drafts and will release them soon.

Also a brief look at the Vyger speaker.

https://zero-distortion.org/vyger/

Last edited:

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
This is my favourite article you have ever done, Ked. You won’t get this level of insight and experience across broad range of global systems coupled to educational setup advice anywhere on the web. Bravo.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
This is my favourite article you have ever done, Ked. You won’t get this level of insight and experience across broad range of global systems coupled to educational setup advice anywhere on the web. Bravo.

Thanks. You look like you used to build back then in that pic. If I post a picture of you now with two kittens people will notice the contrast

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you, Kedar, for this very comprehensive report! The breadth of your experience with the Vyger across so many systems gives you a review perspective on this turntable which is unprecedented.

I think you provide genuinely valuable advice on what it is like to own and maintain this turntable.

Since I have a thing for linear trackers I found this report particularly interesting to me personally.

What is your thinking about the pivoting of Reed 5T versus air-bearing, straight line motion, linear-trackers?

Have you been able to develop any sense of the Bergmann Odin versus the tonearm on the Vyger?

Last edited:
Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Thank you, Kedar, for this very comprehensive report! The breadth of your experience with the Vyger across so many systems gives you a review perspective on this turntable which is unprecedented.

I think you provide genuinely valuable advice on what it is like to own and maintain this turntable.

Since I have a thing for linear trackers I found this report particularly interesting to me personally.

What is your thinking about the pivoting of Reed 5T versus air-bearing, straight line motion, linear-trackers?

Have you been able to develop any sense of the Bergmann Odin versus the tonearm on the Vyger?

I addressed that in the write up. Pivoted LTs section.

Reactions: gian60

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Having heard it in around 10 systems over 4 years, and having visited the factory, my thoughts.

Coming out of slumber, many articles were in drafts and will release them soon.

Also a brief look at the Vyger speaker.

https://zero-distortion.org/vyger/
wow!!!

just wow!!!

amazing passion and writing Ked. makes me want to go run home and listen. right now. :oops:

awesome.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Always enjoy reading your adventures in High End Land Ked!

david

Send me AS 3000 or whatever you make next David I will write.

108CY

May 4, 2013
Excellent write up that most certainly shows your passion for the hobby, it most certainly does take a great deal of dedication.

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Bonzo, do your hosts stamp your audio visit log book each time you go to a new place? What I really want to know is if you are taking your bathing suit with you to Southern California. You should try to enjoy the nice warm weather outdoors.

Old audiophiles envy my ears already now you want me to show them the rest of my body?

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
What I really want to know is if you are taking your bathing suit with you to Southern California. You should try to enjoy the nice warm weather outdoors.

I texted Kedar this morning that he should bring a bathing suit because my heated pool is pretty much the only thing that is working at the house at the moment!

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Last edited:

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Hi Ked,you have to close zero-distortion and go to write for the Absolute Sound

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I have Vyger atlantis IV and can compare with AS 3000,so David have to send to me, not to you

fine with me, I am always happy to come over and compare and eat Italian. We have to do the compare on your current 4 arms and the 4 SME arms on David’s table. We can eat between each cartridge swap

Reactions: the sound of Tao

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing