ZERO LINK: A new technology from SFORZATO and SOULNOTE in Japan (with sample WAVs)

KyoichiOda

Feb 10, 2021
A beauty recommends SOULNOTE S-3.

Last edited:

KyoichiOda

Feb 10, 2021
A Japanse audiophile compared ESOTERIC Grandioso G1 with SOULNOTE X-3.

"The soundstage is clearly wider with the SOULNOTE.
The vocal rises upwards appropriately and the X-3 gives a better sense of the front and rear of the instrument. ESOTERIC Grandioso G1 is flat in comparison.
I'm not sure what the technical reasons are for the superiority of the crystal X-3 over the rubidium G1 in terms of clock accuracy, but that's how it sounded."

https://ameblo.jp/tiromie/entry-127...YdB5v5JVF5J1O2_jUY24C6WzEq10OUgqlyt9QXXhSQBp8

Last edited:
Reactions: CKKeung

jeromelang

Dec 26, 2011
I had the opportunity to check the soulnote sacd transport 3 weeks ago.
I was contemplating a 1-box sacd player. Either tis or the playback design MPS-8 which had also been made with D&M transport.
I was most concerned how the D&M transports would behave.
Is it going to be like esoteric transports where their front panel buttons are slow to react to finger touches => leading to less than ideal reading of the encoded data?
My concerns were alleviated. The D&M transport on the soulnote player react very well to finger touches.
Using my track-cueing technique, it could cue up the desired track and commence playing without leaving memory imprint.
The sound is so much more opened, so much more detailed and more dynamic, and more relaxed and musical compared to the same track cued up by using the remote control.
Incidentally, I hear unusually pronounced levels of ear fatigue (real physical sensation) when the same tracks of music were played when they were cue-up using the remote control. When using my hand technique to cue up the same tracks to play, this sensation of ear fatigue completely disappeared.
OTOH, on the TX2/DA2v2 combo, even with its retarded optical transport, doesn't exhibit this physical sense of ear fatigue when music is cue-up with its remote control.

Last edited:
Reactions: SCAudiophile

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Excellent...thanks for posting! Will there be an English page for the pages that explain ZERO LINK? The follow-on pages for ZERO LINK
at the link on the English page seem to still point to the Japanese language pages...

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Welcome to WBF Oda San. It's great to have your voice heard here! The Sforzato/Soul Note collaboration looks very interesting.

I heard some Sforzato products playing along with a Fidata server, Blumenhofer speakers, Takatsuki SE integrated amplifier, and True Power Lab cables at the Florida Audio Expo this past weekend. In spite of the big established brands attending the show, the Alex Sound Tec room was one of my favorites. US parties interested in Sforzato can inquire with the US importer at:

Reactions: KyoichiOda

KyoichiOda

Feb 10, 2021
Excellent...thanks for posting! Will there be an English page for the pages that explain ZERO LINK? The follow-on pages for ZERO LINK
at the link on the English page seem to still point to the Japanese language pages...
I asked Mr. Kaoto to check the pages.

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020
Hmmm. So it's synchronous. As I understand it many early digital systems were synchronous too (and most on chip designs). But the quality of the master clock was of ultimate importance to not lose data. Which was expensive and clock circuits were a lot less precise. So this could cause dropouts etc, and bad sound. Also the length and quality of the cables affected this equation greatly.

While clocks are stupendously better than the early ones (and I'm sure these clocks are excellent), there is still the issue of cable length?

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
While clocks are stupendously better than the early ones (and I'm sure these clocks are excellent), there is still the issue of cable length?
There is always an issue with cable lenghts. IMO, it should be possible to design the ZEROLINK transport and the DAC in one case.
This would reduce cable lenght and would improve timing. But for marketing reasons it is much better to have two cases.

Matt

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing