Zoom H4N "Tripled" Syllables during recording

Kyle Coleman

Dec 8, 2021
Hello, everybody!
I don't know whether it is the right place to post this as I'm new to this forum but I hope someone can help.
We're recording a whisper with Zoom H4N, and almost every syllable is being recorded as it is "tripled".
Syllables in my timeline in Adobe Audition look and sound like there are three of them in a row at once (please see the attached screenshot and audio samples).
I can't understand what's causing it.
How do you think what might be the problem? Is it the Zoom settings? Or my wife's pronunciation?)
The thing is, voice sounds too "explosive" and unclear because of this.

I will describe the problem in more details: for example, sound "K" gets recorded like "KKK", and the voice doesn't sound clear because of that .
On the screenshot there is a half a second long sound "K", which looks like "KKK".
I can easily rectify it manually in Audition but these sounds are everywhere in the recording.
The audio sample is in MP3 format.
It is a very short whispered sample of a story about Louis Carroll, just about 3 sentences. There is a female voice in this sample, speaking Russian.

Please share your ideas about what could be the cause of it.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Sound K.jpg
    Sound K.jpg
    925.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Sounds tripled MP3.zip
    374.3 KB · Views: 1

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing