Advice needed - add Furman reference 15 from 2nd system to my Niagara 7000?

Avidlistener

Feb 18, 2013
I put together a small second system while I was away for a year, and not wanting to spend much money, found a used Furman 15 reference. It seems to be exactly the same internally as the current reference 15i except for cosmetics. I am now selling that system and have to decide this week what to do with the Furman.

I can try and sell, or would it be advisable to ship it home to add to my main system, listed below.

While I have read people have found benefit to running two Niagara 5000 over one 7000, I don’t believe the filtration is as sophisticated in the Furhman, despite both being designed by Garth Powell.

system is currently all on one 20 amp line. TAD CR-1 + Enigmacoustics 'Stat supertweeters + Velodyne DD10plus subs on Sistrum speaker stands. Atma-Sphere MA1MKIII, PS Audio BHK300 monoblocks/NOS Siemans CCA. Atma-sphere MP1remote pre. TTW Momentus Supreme+copper on Herzan active anti-vib, Graham Phantom II, Soundsmith Strain Gauge SG400, Stealth Hyperphono cable. PS Audio Directream MKII/Jriver fed via USB/macbook pro. AQ Niagara 7000. Surround: Elac Adante AC61/AS61's/Emotiva sharing Velodyne's. Loricraft

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing