Amarra Symphony with IRC

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Amarra's newest player version has a feature derived from DiracLive, called Impulse Response Correction. Supposedly, it corrects both frequency and time domain issues when used with a calibrated microphone.

Has anyone tried this yet?

Lee

I got the 5-day upgrade special in the mail too but didn't bite.

I use DIRAC LIVE, which is the same thing. It's killer. If you already have an ADC and calibrated mic, there's really no excuse not to try it. I've tried them all and DIRAC is on another level. Most DSP involves big trade-offs that most folks with already excellent system wouldn't consider. DIRAC is different. I've spent a lot of time and money on my systems and, in the end, DIRAC was the essential icing on the cake. I could not listen without it.

Lee, I upgraded my mic to an earthworks m23. So, I am no longer using my cross spectrum calibrated emm-6 mic. All you need is an ADC and I'll mail you my mic and email you the calibration file. Wanna? :)

That's very generous! They're recommending the mini-dsp UMIK that plugs into a USB port on the computer. What are the advantages & disadvantages of each approach, and how does the cost compare? I'm an old analog guy who's still figuring out all this computer-based audio with attendant processing.

Feel free to PM OR EMAIL if you prefer.

Lee

My emm6 mic was calibrated by Herb who is the same guy that calibrates their recommended mic. If you don't have an ADC, I could prolly mail you my tascam us366. It's a USB ADC. It's got a mic pre and 48v for the mic. Really easy to use. DIRAC is super easy too. I am not using the TASCAM now. I have an RME hamerfall I am using with a Grace m101 mic pre. My email is mlowe@dallasjustice.com.

That's very generous! They're recommending the mini-dsp UMIK that plugs into a USB port on the computer. What are the advantages & disadvantages of each approach, and how does the cost compare? I'm an old analog guy who's still figuring out all this computer-based audio with attendant processing.

Feel free to PM OR EMAIL if you prefer.

Lee

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing