APL Hifi DACs - how does this brand compare?

If you try the APL Switch you'll be amazed.
I had the Bonn switch.
Can you post a link to the switch? I didn’t see it on their website

They are making a new website.

you can find it here:

APL has a new dealer in Hong Kong : Audio exotics.
I visited one of their three showrooms last week.

IMG_20240501_084757.jpg

What really surprised me was the stack of APL streamer, switch & dac performing together with Reiki Audio switch & optical bridge.

IMG_20240501_084923.jpg

Audioexotics is famous for the high end vinyl playback brands & products it carries and promotes but the performance of that APL/Reiki stack was so intriguingly musical that we listened only to CAS during the whole audition.

Worth checking up not only the dac of APL but also their CAS products and those of Reiki Audio definitely.!
;)

Reactions: joaovieira
APL has a new dealer in Hong Kong : Audio exotics.
I visited one of their three showrooms last week.

View attachment 129979

What really surprised me was the stack of APL streamer, switch & dac performing together with Reiki Audio switch & optical bridge.

View attachment 129980

Audioexotics is famous for the high end vinyl playback brands & products it carries and promotes but the performance of that APL/Reiki stack was so intriguingly musical that we listened only to CAS during the whole audition.

Worth checking up not only the dac of APL but also their CAS products and those of Reiki Audio definitely.!
;)
Cessaro speakers on this system?

Qianlong from Cessaro, custom system for Hong Kong.
Do you know why for Hong Kong only?

Hieukm in Vietnam owns this speaker. It was an old field coil speaker from Cessaro.

Reactions: matthias
Not to forget Wellfloat :cool:

Qianlong from Cessaro, custom system for Hong Kong.
Do you know why for Hong Kong only?
That's a very, very good question! However, I assume that it is also a question of the price-performance ratio from the manufacturer's point of view, also in comparison to its other loudspeakers. What I'm trying to say is that if the manufacturer thought that there would be a lot of customers for these speakers, they would offer them worldwide - at least that's my personal assumption.

I personally find the design of the speakers very appealing. Beautiful. And I simply can't imagine them not sounding good - in which case they certainly wouldn't be at audioexotics.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing