Aries Cerat Ianus Essentia Owners thread

Aries Cerat

Industry Expert
May 30, 2015
I asked but Stavros is not answering and I do understand. We are making him busy and ordering quiet few components lately. :)
Hello

We are always busy as heck but steal some time to come here:)
I thought i made a good job on replying on this question with the link above:)

As i mentioned, Essentia as well as the other TriodeFet amps do not stutter on difficult loads, however 40W is 40W , in terms of max spl.(regarding the max spl with said speakers).However the performance quality at the certain spl is what sets apart these designs, but there you cannot have concert levels with 88db and 40W i am afraid.

Best
Stavros

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
Hello

We are always busy as heck but steal some time to come here:)
I thought i made a good job on replying on this question with the link above:)

As i mentioned, Essentia as well as the other TriodeFet amps do not stutter on difficult loads, however 40W is 40W , in terms of max spl.(regarding the max spl with said speakers).However the performance quality at the certain spl is what sets apart these designs, but there you cannot have concert levels with 88db and 40W i am afraid.

Best
Stavros
Thanks Stavros for honist opinion. Got you, miracles do not happen. Still we are planning to get amps from you in the future. My listening room is 10x7m so we need powerfull amps to fullfil the room in case we need it. Any advices anyone?

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
For Horning speaker it will work for sure, I think

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
I can drive mine with 3.5 watts no problem so for sure it will work :)
My Horning clipped in concert volume with class 80w monoblocs only once but I was suprised it actualy happened...I have huge room

Reactions: matsurus

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
For Horning speaker it will work for sure, I think
Zappa
I wish you lived in the USA because I have a wonderful set of speakers that are pictured that work outstanding with my Essentias. I am giving them up for the Auroras which are on the way.

• Wow
Reactions: Zappadaddy

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
My Horning clipped in concert volume with class 80w monoblocs only once but I was suprised it actualy happened...I have huge room
I guess you listen much louder than me! I usually listen with peaks not above 95dB usually…average levels in the low to mid 80s.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
That is surprising … Which model of Hornings ? , I ran Hørning Hybrid Agathon Ultimates for a couple of years in a good sized room and never felt the need for much more than 40Watts or the windows would have blown out !

Last edited:

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
I am just curious as to what Db level is concert lever? 95 would be about my max also but I am generally in the 83 - 90 range.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I am just curious as to what Db level is concert lever? 95 would be about my max also but I am generally in the 83 - 90 range.
Wouldn't the answer to that question depend on the type of concert in question?

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
Zappa
I wish you lived in the USA because I have a wonderful set of speakers that are pictured that work outstanding with my Essentias. I am giving them up for the Auroras which are on the way.
I am coming to Seattle in march for couple weeks. I wish too I could experience great audio in your place

Levitator

Jul 1, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
Thanks Stavros for honist opinion. Got you, miracles do not happen. Still we are planning to get amps from you in the future. My listening room is 10x7m so we need powerfull amps to fullfil the room in case we need it. Any advices anyone?
My room is 10.5m x 6.3m using the Essentia’s and I have no problem filling the room :)

Reactions: Zappadaddy

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
My room is 10.5m x 6.3m using the Essentia’s and I have no problem filling the room :)
My room (non metric) is 30' W x 45' L with 16' cathedral ceilings and my Essentias more than fill the room. :)

Reactions: Levitator

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
I listen around 80-90 according to my phone app. ....and indeed it is already very loud...but remeber some recordings are suddenly so loud that this could hapened when you are not fast enough to lower your volume

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
After two months, I am finally able to set up the Ageto today. A combination of customs delays and my knee replacement precluded me from adding the Ageto to the Essentia.
The power supply of the Ageto alone is over 165lbs. I could not lift it by myself and it went on the bottom shelf of the Adona audio rack. I hope I never have to move it. I had Aries Cerat install the Arya Revopods footers on the Ageto. I am using the Hijiri Takumi PC and the Hijiri Kiwami RCA cables.

Very first impressions - it should be noted I have not used a preamp for over three years and was not convinced I needed one. I only have around 5 hours of listening so I can't give you a major review. What I did notice is the music had more heart and soul. It was just fuller. I can't believe how good the music sounds at low-volume levels. I am sitting here listening to music at 2. That comes out to around 53db. That is the equivalent of late-night listening when everyone is in bed. I hear so much more of everything at that low volume level. It will be fun to turn it up once it is broken in.

Thanks, Stavros

Attachments

• IMG_0281.jpeg
    IMG_0281.jpeg
    972 KB · Views: 25

Levitator

Jul 1, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
Congrats Wil, I bet the Ageto Is absolutely fantastic! I just received my Impera Ref and I’m also really happy with the sound, although just trying to work out which tube combo I like the best with my Essentia amps.

Are you using the AC-link connection?

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Congrats Wil, I bet the Ageto Is absolutely fantastic! I just received my Impera Ref and I’m also really happy with the sound, although just trying to work out which tube combo I like the best with my Essentia amps.

Are you using the AC-link connection?

If I may enquire , which valves have you experimented with so far ? I expect that you have read the following guide to types from Stavros .

Levitator

Jul 1, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
If I may enquire , which valves have you experimented with so far ? I expect that you have read the following guide to types from Stavros .

In the Essentia amps I’ve tried the E282’s and Russian 6J11P-E’s - to my ears the Russians have more punch and transparency

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
In the Essentia amps I’ve tried the E282’s and Russian 6J11P-E’s - to my ears the Russians have more punch and transparency
Useful info to know , however I was focusing on the Impera Ref side of your combination .

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing