AXPONA 2023

I'm looking forward to seeing everybody tomorrow at 8:00 PM at the bar!

Just to make the show even more challenging, on my way to the airport last night all flights were cancelled and there are no flights leaving this morning. We had to change airports and fly this afternoon which wont get us into the area before around 330. It is going to be a very long night trying to get the system unpacked, set up and sounding.....
This ladies and gentleman is what a show really is and this time less 10 hours to get it done.
well Mr. Phelps we accept the challenge lets see if we come out of this alive

I'm coming for all three days to anybody wants to meet up just let me know and I'll give you my cell #. I want to check out the Magnepan LRS+ with UBS dipole woofer, by the way Magnepan will have a second room with Rogue Audio powering Magnepan 3.7i's and UBS woofer. Diptyque is a French planer speaker that will be in room 1218.

I'm also a huge fan Accuton drivers, last year Vimberg was my favorite speakers of the show. Volti Audio would probably be best value for your dollars, but they have a new flagship at $30k and some change that should be awesome to hear. They play better music to than a lot of other rooms I was in. Then it's the usual Magico, YG Acoustics and Wilson Audio for me.

Reactions: rubinken
I am very interested your opinion of the Magnepan LRS.

Ron was a great host without being a host. Thanks for the hospitality! It was great spending time with those I knew and those who were new.
Dang, sorry I missed that. I'm taking the train from South Bend to downtown Chi Town, then a different train to Schaumburg. So hopefully before noon. The Number One reason to go this year, the Freaking Weather will be probably some of the best I've since first my Chicago AXPONA ten, years ago when it was in Roseland area.Usually it's cold rain or even snow, after i've switched out winter tires.

It was very fun to see in person Skip, Chuck, Tony, Calvin, Todd, David!

COME JOIN US INFIGO AUDIO ROOM 476! DEBUT OF OUR NEW STEREO AMPLIFIER THE METHOD 6!

Did anyone see Artisan Fidelity at the show???
If which room number?
I went to 460 in the morning and no one was there.
Maybe just a late start???

I just spent the evening having dinner sitting next to Chris. He is just one of the most delightful, nicest, most knowledgeable about vinyl playback human beings I have ever met.

He was incredibly patient with me as I asked about three dozen turntable and platter and materials and design and drive system and tonearm and cartridge questions.

I just spent the evening having dinner sitting next to Chris. He is just one of the most delightful, nicest, most knowledgeable about vinyl playback human beings I have ever met.

He was incredibly patient with me as I asked about three dozen turntable and platter and materials and design and drive system and tonearm and cartridge questions.
I couldn’t agree more! I’ve met him a few times at the shows and he definitely a stand up guy… a true gentleman!
He emailed me back and said he is in 460. I must have been too early this morning but will definitely visit him Saturday
Best wishes,
Don

Clarisys Audio has made some upgrades on the Minuet Loudspeakers for the Axpona Show so they should sound even better now ! They made the Mids and Tweeters Ribbons Bigger on the Minuets and the price will stay the same ! In Rooms 352 and 676

Last edited:
Reactions: Alrainbow

And ... what did you learn?

Reactions: cjfrbw
It was very fun to see in person Skip, Chuck, Tony, Calvin, Todd, David!

It was great meeting you all!
I'm sure everyone is having a great show, it's been very busy the first day and we're prepared for a zoo today :)

Cheers, Hans.

I was expecting some real-time photos. :(

Reactions: Kray
It was great meeting you all!
I'm sure everyone is having a great show, it's been very busy the first day and we're prepared for a zoo today :)

Cheers, Hans.
Ron it was great meeting you and Tony as well.

Reactions: tony22

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing