best cost no object, cables

Could it be that for developers sometimes matching desired sound to component parts argues against some choices no matter how well made? I’m not on the five or six figure per component end of the market, so don’t have experience there, but do imagine that even there sonic intention still rules. Of course, custom parts can be designed and ordered, but the development time involved, extra cost and reliability of the source might be obstacles.

Good point, but out of context considering the portion of the market they are trying to reach. The heroic development time, costs and troubleshooting needed to develop a custom solution that performs as expected are mandatory when you are charging at least 3 times more than your closest competitor. To be forgiven and considered OK, it requires a less ambitious price and more humble market expectations regarding to price and performance claims. In other words, that's a space already taken by their less expensive offerings.

Hurray!! Galen Gareis generously shares his very impressive experience, knowledge and genius, accumulated over ~30 years of cable design; guaranteed that his 3 hour presentation will mesmerize you, and you‘ll be a LOT wiser afterwards!

As the title says, among the cost no object cables, which are the best? Siltech, Crystal Cables, Tara Labs, Transparent, MIT?

Is there a manufacturer that delivers cables with similar performance, but with not exorbitant prices?
Hemingway Audio. Clement Perry and company at Stereo Times have called them the world's best and there was a very positive 2012 review at Soundstage Ultra. But generally speaking they get little coverage in the USA. I was looking for a new power cable to go with my recently modified/upgraded Pathos TT and came across an ad for a Hemingway Z-Core Beta AC cable for around half the retail price. I am not exaggerating when I say that it transformed the sound of my system, whether on the TT or the power conditioner. It is not only the best AC cable I've ever heard but the best cable of any type, and I'm using Verastarr Grand Illusion speaker and AC cables and Townshend Fractal F1 interconneccts, which are no slouch. It is a silver/gold alloy cable with its own make conductors. I was listening to a Michel Camilo disc after inserting this cable and for the first time ever with my (or any) system heard piano tone that was fooled me into thinking I had the real instrument in the room.

was looking at their website - those connectors doesnt look like a own make connector they use though? How does the silver/gold alloy compare with the siltech tc?

cell have you tried sablon kings and compared it the hemingways? i think that might blow your socks away too, a lot of ppl on the forum feel that way i understand

Reactions: Sablon Audio
Shunyata Sigma V2 - Interconnects and Speaker

MIT ACC 268 Rev 2 (Speaker ) and MIT MA-X SHD (Interconnect ) - Cost No Object

MIT 2C3D Level 1 Speaker and Interconnect - "Value" compared to ACC and MA-X SHD :cool:

Last edited:
Interesting...they are FAR less bulky than Purist Audio which are super heavy and more than 5cm thick!

We now have 7 Sablon Audio cables in the system, 1 Gryphon VIP (simply because it was reterminated with the crazy big blue 20amp outlet thing and goes from wall special high power socket into the Torus AVR16), and 1 remaining PAD Dominus which powers the Zanden Transport PSU.

What power cables are you using now, Micro?
UPDATE: As Sablon got the new shipment of Bocchinos in, the final Prince Orange arrived to replace the PAD 20th Anniversary for the Zanden Transport PSU. I admit to being unsure of what would happen...on the one hand, it is 'only' the Transport. On the other hand, it is 1/2 of the digital system, AND it has the clock which is obviously important.

Well, I am pleased to report that Mark's cables have continued to move the ball further forward in clarity, dynamics, micro-dynamics and detail. But also in wholeness of presentation and large-scale slam. Really an impressive improvement, and I am purely guessing it has to do with the clock being in the Transport side of the 4-box Zanden digital system.

I heard very similar improvements to each of the times I swapped in a new Prince Orange over the PAD 20th and 25th Anniversary (and a few Dominus) cables.

So the transition is complete for all components now...other than the 20amp connector from Torus to the wall...for now...stay tuned!

None of those brands are even close to Omega Mikro and the cost is much less.
I can't say, as I have not tried all of the brands, but I can say that the Omega Mikro are in a league of their own. A number of years ago they were suggested to me by a prominent member of the more experimental branch of hifi community to try with Apogee Diva speakers driven by Symphonic Line 4 mono blocks. I could not believe these light thin ribbons could replace my mighty heavy speaker cables. Bigger is better right? Well, there was no comparison! It didn't matter with volume or frequency, the ribbons were better. Since then I have upgraded and have been completely satisfied with these cables with a SS amp and KEF 102/1 speakers. No loss of magic. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but worth consideration. I don't hear much in the way of comment on these cables which is a shame.

Shunyata Sigma V2 - Interconnects and Speaker

MIT ACC 268 Rev 2 (Speaker ) and MIT MA-X SHD (Interconnect ) - Cost No Object

MIT 2C3D Level 1 Speaker and Interconnect - "Value" compared to ACC and MA-X SHD :cool:
The Sigma V2 are really excellent.

For my money, Schnerzinger and Inakustik go above and beyond.
If I were to ever spend that kind of dough on cables I’d go with Inakustik Air Silver.

Reactions: nirodha
My new audience front row cables sound incredible and have to be some of the best made cables available at any price.
Front Rows are very good at their price points, but I have "other cables" that "beat" them.
I own Front Row and the better "other cables" because I have a few systems.

Overall, my feel on the signature-sound of Audience products; be it conditioners, speakers and cables, "low frequency heft" is not their forte. Anyway, it's all relativity and tastes! ;)

Last edited:
It’s common to think one’s top-of-the-line cables are hard to beat. At some point, it’s worth finding something that meets one's tastes and desires, while keeping an open mind and accepting ignorance about what else is out there.

Reactions: Hamburger
Front Rows are very good at their price points, but I have "other cables" that "beat" them.

Overall, my feel on the signature-sound of Audience products; be it conditioners, speakers and cables, "low frequency heft" is not their forte. Anyway, it's all relativity and tastes! ;)
I get excellent bass out of the front row cables.

• Haha
Reactions: Hamburger

I get excellent bass out of the front row cables.
what is funny I don’t get it. Sorry

What other cables do you have that beat the audiece front row?

was looking at their website - those connectors doesnt look like a own make connector they use though? How does the silver/gold alloy compare with the siltech tc?
The XLR connectors are Neutrik with a custom endpiece.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing