Burmester Music Server 111 ...

I'm simply amazed when reading the posts from this thread mentioning those kinds of World prices!
Burmester, Europe, Italy, Germany, and all that Jazz, is very good indeed, but really that good?

It's like Boulder here in the United States of Colorado... :b

* China (Peking) is having a world car show right now: simply amazing as well.

Why is it amazing? To the non car fan, to pay $250,000 for a Ferrari is ridiculous. I think someone who loves the look, feel and sound of Burmester, and has deep pockets, the 111 is right for them.

Looks like it should be on the dash of a Lamborghini built tank. Very impressive indeed.

There are well-known brands that are built like a tank and feel it, but look under the covers and the innards could have come from a Japanese receiver. Look under the bonnet of the 111 and it looks like what I'd imagine the insides of alien space ship technology :D It's stuffed full - including an enterprise class hard drive.

There are well-known brands that are built like a tank and feel it, but look under the covers and the innards could have come from a Japanese receiver. Look under the bonnet of the 111 and it looks like what I'd imagine the insides of alien space ship technology :D It's stuffed full - including an enterprise class hard drive.

With Burmester equipment its the inner shots that reveal the true class of the products. The 911 in particular is a work of art externally but perhaps even more gorgeous on the inside. When I first unpacked my 911 I realised that it just exudes and screams highest possible build quality, a true example of german precision engineering to the highest degree. I'm sure the 111 will be no exception. Looking forward for the first pictures to show up.

Gary,
From your comments here, you seem to like the 111 very much. I just ordered the 808 and the 911 monos and prior to this, I had also considered the 111 as it seems like a more sensible option but the sheer beauty of the 808 got the better of me. Which will you take, the 808 or the 111? I can still reverse the decision. Your thoughts please.

Best regards,
Thf99

Gary,
From your comments here, you seem to like the 111 very much. I just ordered the 808 and the 911 monos and prior to this, I had also considered the 111 as it seems like a more sensible option but the sheer beauty of the 808 got the better of me. Which will you take, the 808 or the 111? I can still reverse the decision. Your thoughts please.

Best regards,
Thf99

I'd take the 808. I come from the computer industry, and I know that anything with a computer chip in it will be obsolete as soon as you open the box :)

As much as I like the 111, I think that it would be better to have the 808, and then build my "Stupid Good Music Server".

I'd take the 808. I come from the computer industry, and I know that anything with a computer chip in it will be obsolete as soon as you open the box :)

As much as I like the 111, I think that it would be better to have the 808, and then build my "Stupid Good Music Server".

Hi Gary,

Have you ever compared the 808 to the 077 with ext. PS? I've never heard the 808.

Thanks!

Joe

Many thanks, Gary, for your advice. Your answer on the 808 was the one I was hoping for as I really wanted it. In fact prior to this, I was also considering the new tidal amps (prisma and impulse) but the looks of the 808 steered my decision towards the burmesters.
On a side note, the best speaker system I've ever listened to was your genesis 1.1 (haven't heard the 1.2 which I'm sure is even better and is the system I aspire to own one day).

Cheers.

Hi Gary,

Have you ever compared the 808 to the 077 with ext. PS? I've never heard the 808.

Thanks!

Joe

Hi Joe, I haven't compared the 808 to the 077. In fact, I haven't heard the 077 but I hear that we've been upgraded to the 077 for the Newport Show (instead of the 088) - so I'm looking forward to it!!

Cheers
Gary

Many thanks, Gary, for your advice. Your answer on the 808 was the one I was hoping for as I really wanted it. In fact prior to this, I was also considering the new tidal amps (prisma and impulse) but the looks of the 808 steered my decision towards the burmesters.
On a side note, the best speaker system I've ever listened to was your genesis 1.1 (haven't heard the 1.2 which I'm sure is even better and is the system I aspire to own one day).

Cheers.

Thanks! I'm sure that we'll have the G1.2 in Singapore/Malaysia pretty soon. Oceanway Audio, my new distributor, is eagerly waiting for the G2jr for their showroom (probably June), and they are saving their pennies to get the flagship soon.

Hi Joe, I haven't compared the 808 to the 077. In fact, I haven't heard the 077 but I hear that we've been upgraded to the 077 for the Newport Show (instead of the 088) - so I'm looking forward to it!!

Cheers
Gary

Hi Gary,

I like the way you stated that, "upgraded to the 077". :) I look forward to your listening impressions. Thanks again!

Joe

Thanks! I'm sure that we'll have the G1.2 in Singapore/Malaysia pretty soon. Oceanway Audio, my new distributor, is eagerly waiting for the G2jr for their showroom (probably June), and they are saving their pennies to get the flagship soon.

I'll definitely give the G2jr a listen when they arrive. I hope its performance is close to the G1.2. .....on the other hand, I just love the finishings on the G1.1 (and I assume the same on the 1.2).

Personally, would also go for the 808! ;)

I'll definitely give the G2jr a listen when they arrive. I hope its performance is close to the G1.2. .....on the other hand, I just love the finishings on the G1.1 (and I assume the same on the 1.2).

The G2jr is not even close to the G1.2.... but that also depends on the size of room you have. The G1.2 can be finished any way the customer specifies. They are made totally custom. The wife or interior decorator can even send us a swatch and we'll match it.

There's going to be a Genesis room in the KL show - but it's only going to be the G5.3.

The G2jr is not even close to the G1.2.... but that also depends on the size of room you have. The G1.2 can be finished any way the customer specifies. They are made totally custom. The wife or interior decorator can even send us a swatch and we'll match it.

There's going to be a Genesis room in the KL show - but it's only going to be the G5.3.

Thanks for the info, Gary. I will definitely visit the Genesis room at the July show.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing